Incompatability with WinDS3

Megabobster

Incompatability with WinDS3

Post by Megabobster »

So, WinDS3 is a program that allows you to use your PS3 controller as a wireless gamepad. Xpadder doesn't seem to want to work with it. I have the gamepad fully functioning (according to the thingy under control panel, and I did check every button), just Xpadder doesn't want to recognize anything. It will make a tab for the controller, though. Just won't register keypresses....

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Incompatability with WinDS3

Post by Jonathan »

When you try to add the sticks and buttons from your controller into Xpadder do they not register?

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Incompatability with WinDS3

Post by FARSTRIDER »

so its a bluetooth driver i'm assuming right?

Megabobster

Re: [DISCUSSING] Incompatability with WinDS3

Post by Megabobster »

Oops, sorry it took so long to respond, I haven't had access to the Dualshock 3 for a while (it's my friend's).
Anyway, it kind of shows up (it creates a tab for it), but when I try to hit any buttons or anything to add it doesn't work, both in normal and when emulating a Xbox 360 controller. The "Trigger analog data" doesn't seem to affect it either. When things like the analog stick (it doesn't accept input, but allows you to create the circle) are created, they don't show up where normal controller stuff shows up after the configuration window is closed. It does, however save the "circle" and reloads it (only viewable when editing the layout). If you want to mess with it some, you can give WinDS3 a Google and install the trial for free (I haven't paid for it yet as I was relying on Xpadder for it to work...), as the way it works is similar to PPJoy (I'm sure you have experience with that) in that once the driver for the joystick is installed, it acts as if the joystick is always plugged in, regardless of the actual state. I'm sure this would be of some debugging value.

Also, to answer FASTRIDER's question, it does use a free, open source bluetooth driver known as FreeBT, but they've said they're going to switch as soon as they find another decent open source bluetooth driver (actually I'm pretty sure that with bluetooth the proper term is "stack"), as FreeBT has MANY limitations.

Anyway, if you need me to do any more testing or anything, just post here because I'd love to help in any way I could with such an amazing and useful program!

Also, one last thing I thought I should mention: when using the "corded" driver (I forget what's it called, give it a Google as well, should take about 30 seconds or less to find), it works fine.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

If the wired access is working then it may be a problem with the bluetooth side. The controller is being detected by windows but no data is being sent.

Click the empty white controller tab in the top-left of Xpadder to view the Controller Properties:

1) Does the raw data on the left alter when you use the controller?
2) Please can you copy the details text on the left (using the CopyText button in the lower left) and paste it here - it may gives us some clues

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

from what ive seen in the last few years is broadcom controls the market for bluetooth dongles(& their only compatible stacks are widdcomm in xp windows vista/7 default stack & bluesoiel) but yet not many people can dev. a stable app. thats compatible to use with wii remotes or ps3 controllers

Megabobster

Post by Megabobster »

Alright, I'm going to get my own DS3 pretty soon so once I do I'll post the results.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

hope it works better then bluesoleil + gamii combo & PGP

Return to “Cannot find controller”