I have tried it all

Sock

I have tried it all

Post by Sock »

Hello!

So I wanted to play some computer games using my xbox control, since the game in question (Darksiders) is primarily meant to play with a control and not keyboard/mouse. So I plugged it in, everything installed nice and easily, and then I hit the Guide Button. It started blinking green. And it kept blinking green. The computer recognised that something was plugged in into the USB-port, but it didn't come up when I looked up the gaming consoles in the Control Panel. I tried going to the Window's Website and installed the drivers that were there and tried again, same result. I've gone to the Device Manager and checked if the drivers were simply inactivated, but they weren't. The control isn't faulty, it works for the X-box, but for some reason the computer can't read it.

I'm running a Windows XP, the control Is wireless, but I should be able to play it without plugging in a wireless adapter in the computer as long as I have it plugged in via the USB cable, right?
So I'm wondering, what am I doing wrong, since the control just won't work for me? T.T

I'm very sorry if this is the wrong place to put the thread, but it seemed suitable here for my eyes!

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: I have tried it all

Post by Mobeeuz »

No, you need the Wireless Receiver for the PC or use a wired controller. The play N charge kit only charges the controller, another M$ way of getting more $ from you. Also you won't need xpadder for Darksiders, 360 control pad is nativity supported.

Sock

Re: I have tried it all

Post by Sock »

Well that's nice of them -.-; Well thank you for the help anyways! =D Now I'm happy!

Return to “Cannot find controller”