Steel Battalion

super.menteur

Steel Battalion

Post by super.menteur »

Hello
I don't know if it's exactly the right place to ask, but I wonder if you can add support for the Steel Battalion controller (custom Xbox pad).

The pad is not normaly recognized by Windows of course, but someone developped an alternate driver using LibUSB.

I'm not asking for full support with the 40 LEDs, but at least support for the sticks, the pedals, the lever and the buttons of the right block if possible.

I do possess the controller, but I'm still waiting for some component to make an USB adapter (if you need me to test).

I can also help provide controller images of course.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for my English and if this is not the right place to ask for support.

kebediah

Re: Steel Battalion

Post by kebediah »

i just got mine working today and only took 2 hours. that usb adapter you're waiting for is nice for looks but not really necessary. i just spliced a extra usb cord and the one on the SB-VT controller and connected them both color to color. that left just a yellow wire i just taped back. as far as drivers u do need LibUSB also a pack called steel-battalion-64v2 and then vJoy (make sure vJoy input is checked on xpadder settings) ..there are a more than a few tricks and such beyond just acquiring and installing these programs depending on what OS you're are running. so once you're ready with controller in hand. i'll be happy to provide links <(good for downloads but not much else) and assistance with the order to install and point them in. (three programs need to be running simultaneously for this beast) so best to skype you through it because will be much easier to see what your seeing. it is tricky believe me, but it is well worth the effort! i salvaged my out of my brother-in laws kids closet yesterday after 10+ yrs of abuse and a cord cut with only inches to work with. now xpadding all the buttons and have already have done a quick run on ARMA 3 with some basic controls and everything lights up works better than i could have hoped for.

dysoong

Re: Steel Battalion

Post by dysoong »

Hi all, first post in the forum...

I just dug out my old steel battalion controller and was thinking of how to get it to work in 3D space trading/combat game. Maybe something like Elite Dangerous...
I've got the controller hooked up and working in Windows 8.1 (as far as I can tell - it works on the Windows USB game controller calibration and test control panel anyway).
I was about to start learning how to edit the .cs config file for SteelBattalion64 but I'm no coder and it looks a bit scary.
Then I came across this xpadder thread and was wondering if anyone has a config file for xpadder that they'd be willing to share?
In the mean time, I'll try and make one for myself, but have only made one for an xbox360 controller before now.
If anyone has any steel battalion controller-based advice/wisdom/files for use with xpadder then I would very much appreciate it!

Return to “Cannot find controller”