XPadder can't detect wireless gamepad

Septuh

XPadder can't detect wireless gamepad

Post by Septuh »

Hello everyone.

This issue seems to be something rather connected with Windows, but since so many people are using XPadder, I guess there could be a solution...

The problem is that Xpadder doesn't detect Wireless X-box 360 Controller if it's not listed in "Control panel". The gamepad disappears from there when it's turned off for the first time after starting up Windows. Rebooting (which makes gamepad show in Control Panel again) isn't really an option, because I'm playing on a working PC and some applications should be running non-stop, not to mention that it's quite annoying to reboot everytime you want to play a game with XPadder.

I have the latest drivers, my Wireless Receiver works fine and it is shown in Control Panel, gamepad works fine in games that are supporting it even when it's not shown in Control Panel. So basically the problem is only with XPadder, but because of Microsoft fault, I guess. Or maybe it's just me who doesn't know something about it?

Septuh

Re: XPadder can't detect wireless gamepad

Post by Septuh »

It can't be just me with this issue, right?

Let me try to put it simple. When you just start your PC and you turn on the gamepad - it works and it is shown in Control Panel. After some idle time gamepad turns off automatically and it disappears from the Control Panel. After that, when you turn it on it works, but it is not listed in Control Panel.

So how to make the gamepad be shown in Control Panel (and therefore being detected by XPadder) everytime it is turned on without rebooting PC?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Your the first one with such an issue.

Although this is a slightly different problem, have a look here and check if these three entries are there before the controller is and after the controller was in standby mode.
Also look if they show any problems.

Septuh

Post by Septuh »

Hmm, I've checked my HID devices and all of them say that they weren't able to load a driver (even though it says there that they work fine). I've tried updating the driver through their options, but it said that there is no need for an update... The drivers I'm using for my gamepad and receiver are downloaded from Microsoft website from the page with this product. I tried to redownload it and reinstall it and it didn't help... Maybe there's some software you would recommend to check my drivers or something? I'll try to check it when it lists my gamepad in devices when I'll have an ability to reboot again.

And thanks for the advice, though I think I've read all the related topics already (including this one) :D

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Actually it isn't necessary to install the drivers for the Xbox360pad manually, at least with Windows Vista and Seven. You only need to connect it and Windows will install the necessary drivers by itself.

Try to uninstall entry 3 (if it's only a driver of an USB device it cannot hurt) and disconnect and reconnect the receiver (you can alternatively restart your PC), after that wait for Windows to insall the driver automatically.

Septuh

Post by Septuh »

Primal Fear wrote:Try to uninstall entry 3 (if it's only a driver of an USB device it cannot hurt) and disconnect and reconnect the receiver (you can alternatively restart your PC), after that wait for Windows to insall the driver automatically.
I did that several times and the problem doesn't disappear. Since unistalling the driver leads to reboot, after reboot the gamepad shows correctly, but after idle time it disappears untill the next reboot again.

Oh, and yes, Windows Seven has drivers for this gamepad, but I'm installing drivers with the software (which is just showing the charge of a battery after pressing the big cross button).

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Is this statement with the "not able to load a driver" under "Device status" directly behind "This device is working properly? I have that too for my wired Xbox360pad in the first two entries (a related driver to be precisely) , Xpadder detects it perfectly but well it doesn't have a standby mode. :shifty:

You don't see any question or exclamation marks?

Septuh

Post by Septuh »

Well, it was directly below "This device is working properly", but it may be different because of OS language difference. Now this sign is gone for some reason.

Septuh

Post by Septuh »

I've finally solved the issue by switching gamepad to USB 2.0 (issue occurs with USB 3.0). It's pretty weird though still...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

So much about downwards compatibility...

Return to “Cannot find controller”