dhedhekuncoro

Xpadder cannot find Xbox360 controller under Windows7

Post by dhedhekuncoro »

I'm using win 7 64 bit

installed the driver

restart PC

my wired xbox controller didn't show in the "Game Controllers"

xpadder can't detect it either

but I can play Tomb Raider 2013 just fine with the controller (so its not controller error)

switch USB port then restart

xpadder still cant detect

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: connecting 360 controller

Post by Primal Fear »

The problem is that the drivers that Windows7 (at least I don't know this problem from any other Windows versions) installs without Internet connection are incomplete. They work with some games and with others they don't, and they doesn't work with Xpadder.

Under Devices and Printers double click the Xbox360pad. In the tab "Hardware" you should see two entries, but actually there should be three ("HID compilant Game Controller" is missing). To fix that you need to uninstall the driver "Xbox 360 Controlller for Windows" by double clicking it, clicking in the tab "General" on "Change settings" (or similar, in every way the button with blue and yellow blazon), selecting the tab "Drivers" and clicking on "uninstall". Make sure to tick "Delete the driver software for this device" when Windows asks for that. After doing that, make sure that your Internet connection is active and then disconnect and reconnect your controller.
It is possible that Windows wants to reboot after uninstalling the driver, in that case disconnect your controller before rebooting to make sure that your Internet connection is active before Windows installs the new drivers.

Note that this probably won't fix the problem for the other USB-Ports that already have this incomplete drivers installed. You probably need to do the same thing for them too or simply not use them for any Xbox360 compatible controller.

dhedhekuncoro

Re: connecting 360 controller

Post by dhedhekuncoro »

yep its working now, thank you

SG1

Re: Xpadder cannot find Xbox360 controller under Windows7

Post by SG1 »

I did that, and yet its still not showing up. do i have the wrong controller?
Text/Images: Show

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

That looks like you have connected your controller only via the Play&Charge Kit. That doesn't work as this kit is only for charging while playing, so you need a wireless receiver.
Microsoft seems not to sell them separately anymore for a long time. You may have luck to still find one on E-Bay or Amazon Marketplace, otherwise you could buy a Xbox360 Wireless Controller for Windows (that comes including the receiver) or a third party receiver available from many different companies but beware, not all of them seem to work very well.

The good news would be that you can use up to 4 wireless Xbox360pads with the wireless receiver at the same time.

SG1

Post by SG1 »

umm ya lol... dont know whats wrong here

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Is your internet connection active while Windows wants to install the driver?
Is this an original wireless receiver from Microsoft?
Do you use Windows8?

SG1

Post by SG1 »

Primal Fear wrote:Is your internet connection active while Windows wants to install the driver?
Is this an original wireless receiver from Microsoft?
Do you use Windows8?
Yes, Dont know, Windows 7.

dinksgirl2000

Post by dinksgirl2000 »

I actually have all three when I checked. I have an xbox 360 controller for windows, and it still does not recognize my controller. Thought this would be easy, but starting to regret my purchase.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you checked under Devices and Printers and not like SG1 in the device manager for the three entries?
Do you see the controller icon with the moving magnifying glass in the upper left corner of the Xpadder main windows? If there is just an empty tab, you need to create your controller layout.

Then click on the button with the tool symbol in the upper right corner to open the Xpadder settings and select the section "Controllers".
Is your Xbox360pad in this list?
Does it's entry show a 1 in the Found column? If there is a question mark you need to select the entry and click on the UnHide button below.

jhnlucas087

Post by jhnlucas087 »

I have done all the thing listed on this forum and still can not use my controller I have two listings but one of them is the "HID compilant Game Controller. Updating the drivers is not working either. I am running windows 8 is this program compatible?

jhnlucas087

Post by jhnlucas087 »

Sorry wrong computer I am running windows 7

jhnlucas087

Post by jhnlucas087 »

One more thing. My controller is a microsoft x box 360 for pc. the only place where I see to "make sure I tick the delete driver" before I finish up is with the remote, not the controller. Both icons allow me to delete drivers.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

jhnlucas087 wrote:I have done all the thing listed on this forum and still can not use my controller I have two listings but one of them is the "HID compilant Game Controller. Updating the drivers is not working either. I am running windows 8 is this program compatible?
I suppose you mean under devices and printers. It should look like in the image in the hide box below (don't mind the name of the device as this isn't a original Xbox360pad, but the driver are the same).
If you don't have this "delete driver software for this device", I would expect you don't have "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows".
The problem is, without this function it shouldn't even load other two, it probably shouldn't even be listed under Devices and Printers.
This would only be normal if you would have a standard Dinput controller and not a Xbox360 one, but in that case Xpadder should detect your controller and you should see just an empty tab in the upper left corner of the Xpadder main window instead of this icon with the controller and the moving magnifying glass.

jhnlucas087

Post by jhnlucas087 »

So I am now able to find and program the controller with xpadder. I am now having problems connecting it to the game. It works in note pad but not in elder scrolls online. I am not certain that I am attaching it to the game correctly. I am not a tech person...to be honest I suck with it. I would really appreciate a step by step to connect my controller to elder scrolls online. I have tried running both in admin mode and still nothing. Also, it appears that xpadder had seen my controller all along I was the issue. I am sure I am the issue here as well. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
-John

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Normally you don't have to do anything to make Xpadder working with a game. However it's pretty likely that you have to run Xpadder as admin as this a multi player game that works most likely with cheat protection, which means that it automatically runs with admin privileges.
There already a number of users who use Xpadder with this game, so it should definitely be possible. How to run a program as admin is explained here and make sure to close Xpadder before doing that. For the game you don't need to do anything. Either it automatically runs with admin privileges or doesn't, Xpadder can interact with both when it is running with admin privileges.

What you definitely have to do (if you didn't do that already), you have to create your controller layout and load a profile that you can either get here or create yourself. How to download a profile from the forum is explained here.

jhnlucas087

Post by jhnlucas087 »

I have created a profile an it works in note pad. When I try and associate xpadder to elder scrolls online (ESO) I am unclear as to what to associate it too. I have tried associating it to the .exe for the launcher as well as the game client, still no dice. I am running both xpadder and ESO in admin mode.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You don't need to "associate" the profile, you only need to load it manually like you would do to edit the profile with Xpadder before running the game. More infos are here.

If you should mean the AutoProfile feature, you don't have to use it. It is completely optional for having the profile automatically loaded while the respective game is running instead of loading it manually before starting the game. If you really want to use it, read the topic in the link above and try the method "by selecting the process".

adrianevans84

Post by adrianevans84 »

I still can't get Xpadder to work... It seems this has been an issue for over a year and you don't have a clear answer as to how to fix it. There are other programs that install the drivers, but they are like $40+ I didn't feel like getting another software key... But it's better than throwing away $10...

There is no difference in the way you use Microsoft's auto update or the installation file to obtain the drivers. Doesn't anyone have a safe 3rd party option?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

adrianevans84 wrote:I still can't get Xpadder to work... It seems this has been an issue for over a year and you don't have a clear answer as to how to fix it. There are other programs that install the drivers, but they are like $40+ I didn't feel like getting another software key... But it's better than throwing away $10...

There is no difference in the way you use Microsoft's auto update or the installation file to obtain the drivers. Doesn't anyone have a safe 3rd party option?
In this thread are some completely different problems and for sure you won't find any program like Xpadder that is caring for installing the drivers for your controllers (except if they are coming directly from the manufacturer of your controller). If the drivers aren't correctly installed, your controller isn't working and that's not the fault of the program you want to use it with.
There is no need in installing a third party driver (there is anyways none for the Xbox360pad that is supporting Xinput), the normal driver is for sure working for around 99% of the users, and if you cannot install it then this actually a case for the Microsoft support.

Return to “Cannot find controller”