XPadder doesn't recognize XBOX Controller

danielhquinn

XPadder doesn't recognize XBOX Controller

Post by danielhquinn »

XBOX 360 Wireless Controller
Windows 7 Pro

XPadder works great for me until I have to swap out the battery pack on my controller. When I put in the new battery pack and push the round button, it syncs up with the XBOX receiver fine, but XPadder doesn't seem to recognize that its "back". At any rate, XPadder no longer functions, and no matter what I do (short of a reboot) I can't get it start back up.

Help?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: XPadder doesn't recognize XBOX Controller

Post by mnl1121 »

The receiver may "see" that the controller is back on, but does Windows? Check in game controllers under windows control panel and see if it shows up there.

danielhquinn

Post by danielhquinn »

Nope - its there to begin with, disappears when I pop out the battery pack, and doesnt return when I put the bat pack back in, though the Wireless receiver stays visible the whole time. (as it should) So clearly not an XPadder problem, but do you have any suggestions for a solution? Is Windows 7 just awful at interfacing with peripherials? Seems like my Apple Wireless keyboard has way more issues with losing its Bluetooth connection on 7 than it did with XP.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Hmmm ok so yeah this is definitely not an Xpadder problem.
Is Windows 7 just awful at interfacing with peripherials?
lol no i think its actually supposed to be very friendly with peripherals. Well mine are anyway.
Seems like my Apple Wireless keyboard has way more issues with losing its Bluetooth connection on 7 than it did with XP.
Maybe thats because its made by Apple? :D lol jk
I haven't heard any reports that 7 has problems with peripheral connectivity.

Anyway back to your controller. Lets go through the basics. Is the latest software and drivers installed? Could be a bug where it does not want to re-recognize it. I'll see if i can find anything on that.

EDIT: after some research i found that a lot of users are having problems with the receiver. It seems like other USB powered devices die when the xbox 360 receiver for windows is plugged in :shock: hope that doesn't happen to you. As detailed here: http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/24/wide ... r-windows/ Though the article was written in 2007 and has probably been fixed.
Other reports of it just simply not working correctly. It seems there isn't much you can do to fix this besides just not taking the battery out when the controller is connected.

Also I found this: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/n ... y=hardware
It probably won't help much, but you never know.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I have Win7 Home Premium x64-retail with wireless 360 controller. I just tried pulling the battery and put it back in. Turned it on and everything was right. Have you tried the troubleshooter. Open "Devices and Printers" in the start menu. The controller and receiver should both be there. Right click them to run the troubleshooter.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I too have Windows 7 and this controller and removing and replacing the battery has no problems when the controller switches on.
When your controller is first switched on all the leds by the button will flash a few times and then the number 1 top-left light on the controller should light up. This means it has connected to the receiver and the receiver has decided that this controller is player 1.
If you try connecting with no receiver then the lights keep flashing because it's still trying to connect.
After reconnecting does light 1 light up or does something else happen?

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

could be a bad install controller/os?

Return to “Cannot find controller”