I can't find Xpadder on my pc ?

oldschoolsq

I can't find Xpadder on my pc ?

Post by oldschoolsq »

I bought the program , went to the download link , downloaded it & now the program loads whenever I power on my pc . But I do not have a desktop Icon & I can't find the program on my pc ? I need to run the program in admin mode in order to use it with my game , but without the Icon or being able to find the program I can't right click it to set it up for admin mode . I tried to right click on the Icon in the notication area next to the clock , but it will not give me a option for admin mode . I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit if it makes a difference .

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you ,
Billy

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: I can't find Xpadder on my pc ?

Post by Primal Fear »

Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, search for the process "Xpadder.exe" (or maybe "Xpadder.exe *32"), right click it and click on "Properties". Under "Location" you find the path where you have placed the Xpadder.exe, you can copy it from there and paste it directly in the Search Bar in the Start Menu or the Address Bar of the Explorer.

If you want to move your Xpadder.exe somewhere else, close the program before in the notification area and make sure to take the Xpadder.ini (so your settings file) and possible controller layouts and profiles with it.

oldschoolsq

Post by oldschoolsq »

I have searched for that already & it doesn't list it anywhere . I will try again , if it doesn't list it what do I do next ?

Thank You ,
Billy

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If Xpadder is running the Process Explorer has to show it.
But you can also open the Start Menu, click on "Computer" and type in the search bar (upper left corner) "Xpadder.exe". That only needs a good amount more time.

oldschoolsq

Post by oldschoolsq »

Ok , I will let you know what happens .

Thank you !!!

oldschoolsq

Post by oldschoolsq »

Well that last thing you had me try did fix it ! However , today when I powered my pc on the program no longer works .... all I have is a dead icon pinned to my taskbar . The icon looks like a file that needs a program to open it with & it doesn't show up in the task manager anymore . What do I do now ?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you have pinned Xpadder to the Taskbar, this shortcut will still search for the Xpadder.exe on it's old place and as there isn't this file anymore, it should look like that (the item on the right).
First remove this shortcut, by right clicking on the item and clicking on "Unpin this program from the Taskbar. Then open the folder where you have placed the Xpadder.exe, and Drag&Drop it to an empty area of the Taskbar.

The other thing: Xpadder started before automatically, but now it doesn't do that anymore.
This problem should have fixed itself under the preconditions that
-you didn't forgot to move the Xpadder.ini with the Xpadder.exe
-that you have started Xpadder after moving it
-and that you have closed it normally, so over the notification area or by shutting down windows
I see, I should have mention this.

If you start Xpadder now directly on the .exe file or over your new Taskbar shortcut, it will fix itself if you have followed the other two preconditions.

oldschoolsq

Post by oldschoolsq »

I can't find Xpadder anywhere on my pc now . I wasn't given a choice during the download to save the program anywhere . Have I wasted my money ?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Firstly, you can download Xpadder again as often as you need after creating a forum account.
Have a look at these two Walkthroughs:
0.0 - Downloading Xpadder
0.1 - Installing Xpadder

oldschoolsq

Post by oldschoolsq »

Thank You !!!

Return to “Cannot find Xpadder!”