xbox 360 controller inputs not recognized

wolverine

xbox 360 controller inputs not recognized

Post by wolverine »

I never had a problem with xpadder before but recently restored my laptop and now when i launch xpadder i cant setup the controller. it does not recognize any inputs at all. the controller drivers say they are up to date and it works with games that support it fine. it also registers fine in the calibration screen but on xpadder the range screen shows no reaction. one time during setup (thought i would try from scratch.) it said left stick is not analog use as d-pad (or something close to that) i tried the 5.6 , 5.7 and the latest but nothing. any help would be great this is a superb program just hit my first hitch in the road is all.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: xbox 360 controller inputs not recognized

Post by mnl1121 »

Which operating system are you using? If its vista or XP windows may be using generic drivers (if using 7 then it will download and install the correct drivers). If using Vista or XP try downloading the current drivers from Microsoft's website.

wolverine

Post by wolverine »

It's vista 64 all up to date. I'll try out your suggestion and let you know if that works. thanks :D

wolverine

Post by wolverine »

i searched for driver updates but i couldn't find one newer than my current (6.1.6002.18005). If there is a later one i would appreciate a link to it if possible thanks. :mrgreen:

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

I don't know what the newest one is. You checked Microsoft's website? If so then it probably isn't a driver issue. Although you can try to reinstall the drivers. I think i remember another user having this problem. Let me see if i can find that post.

wolverine

Post by wolverine »

first of all i'd like to thank you for your help, you always have been very helpful on more than one occasion. now for the embarrassing part :oops: , i figured it out. I recently installed a new razer naga and belkin n52te. well when you look at the xpadder profiler screen, on the top left (above the picture where your controller and controls are) are two boxes (at least on mine) one box was registering the razer naga. when i selected the other box it was for my 360 controller. I was confused by the vhid compliant message when looking at the profiler and in my control panel for the two separate controls :? . Im happy to say every thing is back to norm after this oversite and i just made a new profile for call of duty 4 (steam had half of on it today!!!). cheers. :mrgreen:

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

haha your welcome. i'm just glad you figured it out. :D

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”