Xpadder does not recognise X52 Scroll wheel?

EvangelusE

Xpadder does not recognise X52 Scroll wheel?

Post by EvangelusE »

The 'scroll' wheel shows up as working in my Saitek X52 driver properties menu but Xpadder does not recognise it so cannot map anything to it. It does recognise the scroll wheel in my X52 Pro model but not the standard X52 (which is really frustrating!). Is there a reason why a switch or function that is recognised in the controller properties window isn't recognised by Xpadder?

Second problem but not as important - the mouse stick is not recognised by Xpadder on both the X52 and the X52 Pro even though I can move the cursor around on my display or am i missing something in trying to incorporate it into my Xpadder profiles?

Thirdly, I sometimes get the following error when mapping buttons to a profile - "threading failed to stop - this shouldn't happen" (can't remember the message exactly but something like that). What is this cause of this error?

I rely on Xpadder as it is sooooo much better than that unstable pile of Saitek programming software.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Xpadder does not recognise X52 Scroll wheel?

Post by Jonathan »

Have a look at the properties window for your controller inside Xpadder. Select properties from the controller menu (or click the tab for the controller)

When moving the scroll wheel do you get any activity in the green bar data section on the right?

I'm not sure what the mouse stick is but Xpadder can only access it if it is detected as a game controller element (axis, button etc). Again, see if the green bars alter when you use it to determine if it is accessible.

The "thread failed to stop" error is a bug but they are difficult to find. If you can remember how you caused the error then please let us know and then I can reproduce and fix it. The latest version has improved error detection so it will tell you instantly when an error occurs.

EvangelusE

Post by EvangelusE »

Thanks for the response, there is no activity in the Xpadder green Bar data with the X52 (there is with the X52 Pro) but both X52 and X52 Pro 'scroll' wheels show as 'active' in the windows game controller properties menu. When using the X52 Pro, Xpadder recognises the scroll wheel and maps it as two buttons - each representing the direction of rotation. Not a huge problem and probably something to do with the X52 hardware.

I have just downloaded the latest version but will keep an eye on what I am doing should the 'thread' error appear again. Many thanks for an excellent utility!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Sometimes the driver for a controller doesn't allow other programs to read parts of it. Another example is the big green X button on the Xbox 360 controller. It does work but by default the official drivers do not give programs access to it. The same may be true of your X52.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”