buttons not registering

upbeatentertainmentny

buttons not registering

Post by upbeatentertainmentny »

hi im a new user, and am trying to create a layout for a dreamgear arcade fighter. it gives me a circle for the joystick, which i can drag where id like it on the image, however when i get to the button section, and press a button, it doesnt do anything. it says in the tutorial that when i press a button that they should appear on the image , but nothing is happening. please help!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: buttons not registering

Post by Primal Fear »

Click in the main window on the controller tab in the upper left edge (if you have more than one controller, the tab of this specific controller) to open the Controller Properties.
On the right side is for your controller most likely only Direct Input visible.
What is visible under buttons when you press them?
1. Are they recognized?
2. Is there maybe the first button always pressed (always a green square in the front)?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I cannot see that in a screenshot.
When you press a button on the controller, a small part of the bar with the name "Button" should get green. As long you do not press any button, nothing should be green in this bar.
Does that work so far?

upbeatentertainmentny

under direct input ,axis x,y,z and rz are green, all the time. nothing else i do lights up anything at all.
the device IS recognized by my computer when i plug it in, and says it was successful installing drivers.
i cannot get it to calibrate within the calibration wizard.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

upbeatentertainmentny wrote:under direct input ,axis x,y,z and rz are green, all the time.
Two of them should react when you move the stick. Any movement on the bars?

upbeatentertainmentny

nothing i do seems to have any effect whatsoever

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

As far as I could find out about this controller, it is for PS3 only. You can try to install the Motioninjoy driver for it.

upbeatentertainmentny

well motion in joy seems useless...wont even open correctly.. i guess i had a misconception of what xpadder is capable of? i thought it was possible to use any game pad with windows. so my best bet is going to be to return the ps3 arcadefighter joystick and look for something windows compatible?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Every Windows compatible game controller will work with Xpadder.
I don't think that this problem with Motioninjoy isn't fixable, but it's anyways not sure that it will work with this controller. So with a officially PC compatible Arcade Stick you are in every way on the safe side.

upbeatentertainmentny

thanks for the info! now to find a nice controller for pc

gricewhiteley

Post by gricewhiteley »

Wait so if i have an xbox controller it wont work for the buttons?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

No, this topic is about a controller for PS3 that isn't working at all on PC. The Xbox360pad is completely working with Xpadder. If you mean the controller of the original Xbox, then you need a adapter to connect it to a PC.

cameron.chou

Post by cameron.chou »

HELP... alright i have 2 sixaxis dualshock 3 controllers for ps3 and i was reading this forum and it had some helpful hints but the biggest problem im facing is that i want my 2 controllers to be used for 2 player games on my pc... ive been fiddling with almost everything possible and i just cant seem to get them both synced up ... either they arent syncing at all or im only getting dpad and analog sticks... (this is only for one controller) i have motion joy pad driver installed and ive messed with some settings in there but i just cant figure it out... i also dont always have internet access so the motionjoypad and im confused if motionjoypad will even be able to recognize my controllers if im not connected to the net... can someone shed some light on my issues maybe help me find my solution???

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you connect them via cable or via bluetooth?

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”