Some controlls work... Some dont.

Jake.28

Some controlls work... Some dont.

Post by Jake.28 »

hey,

Im having problems with xpadder/ps3 controller and it communicating with GTA San Andreas. Im running windows 7 pro 64bit. When i set my controller up in the xpadder menu, all is fine, all buttons work, triggers work, anologue sticks work.. A perfect world. as soon as i get into the game all aorts of weird stuff starts happening. My joy sticks hardly work or when they do, CJ's running in a complete opposite direction, my D-pad pre much does the same thing, all my ither buttons work but my anaologue sticks and d pad seem to have a mind of thier own.

Any help would be muchly apppreciated, but trying to fix this for 3 whole nights and its not doing my brain a whole lotta good haha. Cheers :)

Jake.28

Re: Some controlls work... Some dont.

Post by Jake.28 »

Just to add, I have got all my conroller commands correct in the game cause using the keyboard work fine and my commands in the xpadder interface are correct aswell

Another Update..

this happens with both my anologue stick and dpad, if press up he will go right, if i press down he will go left, if i press right he will go forward, if i press right he will go down. Now i know this may seem i have my x and y axis messed around but as i mention before, it work perfectly in the xpadder menus when i setup the controller

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

GTA:SA has native controller support. So either you configure everything in the game that it works good together with Xpadder (like I did here or matt here) or you place this modified Dinput8.dll in the main folder of the game like suggested by Zyankali here. Note that you have to use Oke_Doke's profile converter to convert our profiles for the PS3pad. Also the button numbers for the key configuration wouldn't match.

The axes can actually be messed up without causing problems for Xpadder, as you would have configured Xpadder with these messed up axes. As the game understands the Dpad and the axes of the left stick directly, it should cause this behavior.
But for me the left stick as well as the Dpad of the PS3pad work normally with GTA:SA. Motioninjoy has this so called DS3 Tool where you can configure the functions of the controller. So you probably have changed the configuration there, at least this is my only explanation for that. If you want to use the native gamepad support of the game, click in the main window of the DS3 Tool on "==>Options" behind the "Playstation 3" entry, to configure the functions of the controller. Click there on "Default" and then on "Save Changes", then click in the black bar above on "Profiles" and click on the pink "Enable" button in the main window.
Now it should actually work normally, you only have to reconfigure your Xpadder controller layout.

officemanager4u

Post by officemanager4u »

Ok I can really appreciate this software, but I have spent hours on trying to figure out why I cannot get my character to move. I am playing "KINGS ROAD" Everything is working on the remote but I cannot get seem to program run or walking correctly. On this game the "left mouse cursor" is used for walking. I watched so many tutorials and tried different things I am now frustrated!

Another problem is the STICK number 2 does not seem to be registering at all where it should. When I use the stick 2 it lights up the right side of the buttons. I am a bit confused and need some help here PLEASE. I am using Google chrome and windows 7 and running everything as an administrator. All other functions are working on the remote accept this "Walking feature!"

The controllers I am using are probably generic GAME FORCE PC Gamepad. They are compatible with Playstation 3. I have downloaded all the drivers that came with this device. Ok so reading the box it says it is compatible with Windows 98E/ME, Windows 2000/XP, and Windows Vista.

My computer is 64 bit running windows 7 Ultimate. God I hope this is not an issue with compatibility. As I said before other functions work on the remote

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”