Can't Use Analog Sticks on PS3 Controller

dillongeoffrey

Can't Use Analog Sticks on PS3 Controller

Post by dillongeoffrey »

Whenever I tried to get xpadder to detect my PS3 analog sticks they wont work, I know there is nothing wrong with the controller and I just can use pretty much all the buttons on it except for the analog sticks any tips or help on this one?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can't Use Analog Sticks on PS3 Controller

Post by Primal Fear »

I suppose that you use Motioninjoy as driver for the Ps3pad.
With Motioninjoy it is necessary to open the DS3 tool, to select desired profile and to click on "Enable", every time to you have restarted your PC or reconnected the controller. The problem is that Motioninjoy loads always the PS1 profile in the first place, which means that the controller has no sticks and that the Dpad is on the axes of the left stick.

dillongeoffrey

Post by dillongeoffrey »

Primal Fear wrote:I suppose that you use Motioninjoy as driver for the Ps3pad.
With Motioninjoy it is necessary to open the DS3 tool, to select desired profile and to click on "Enable", every time to you have restarted your PC or reconnected the controller. The problem is that Motioninjoy loads always the PS1 profile in the first place, which means that the controller has no sticks and that the Dpad is on the axes of the left stick.
Is there anyway to fix that?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

No, this is basically how Motioninjoy works. You could try to ask the Motioninjoy developers to change that, but many did that already in their forums and they seem to be deaf on that ear.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”