PS2 Controller Triggers Not Analog?

codyraymiller

PS2 Controller Triggers Not Analog?

Post by codyraymiller »

Hi there,

I am not able to set L2 and R2 on my PS2 controller to analog triggers through xpad. I know that they are pressure sensitive (analog) buttons, and the analog switch is on (red light on the controller).

Is there any way to fix this? I have a suspicion that it is the adapter I am using. All the buttons work great, but I think it is killing my analog support...

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Cody

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: PS2 Controller Triggers Not Analog?

Post by Primal Fear »

Normally they are analog, but it is possible that your adapter handle then only as digital buttons. The Analog switch is only for the Stick(s) and the Dpad, at least I think so.

You can check if your controller is sending analog input from the triggers by opening the Controller Menu (small button with the controller icon on the left side) and clicking on "Properties...". In the opening Controller Properties window you'll see green bars. One of them should move when you press the trigger, if it is sending analog input. Remember the axis name of this bar if this is the case, so you can configure it manually in the Controller Settings.
If only a small area of the bar titled "Button" is getting green, they are definitely only digital.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”