Wheel

st3

Wheel

Post by st3 »

I want to use my Saitek R440 wheel in a game, but i can't seem to be able to programme it properly. Please help.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Wheel

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you create your controller layout and a profile?

What precisely isn't working?

st3

Post by st3 »

In the controller layout what does the wheel come under. Sticks,D pad orTrigger.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

As a stick. When Xpadder asks you to move the stick up, simply click on "Cancel".
And for the pedals use the triggers.

st3

Post by st3 »

Thanks for your help so far, but how can you make the wheel respond properly, i have to turn it nearly full lock before the wheels in the game respond, I have tried lots of combinations with deadzones and responsiveness but cannot get the car wheels to respond as they should. Any help with settings would be much appreciated.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Click in the main window of Xpadder on the small tool icon near the buttons for the wheel axis and click on "Settings...". Under status you see the reactions when you move the wheel to the left or right. The red thing in the center is the DeadZone that can be adjusted with the respective Slider on the right. You should make the DeadZone as small as possible, but the black dot should always be within the DeadZone when the wheel is centered.

But apart form the DeadZone setting, how early does the black dot react when you move the wheel? Pretty much immediately or very late when you have move the wheel already very far?

st3

Post by st3 »

The black dot moves immediately as i turn the wheel. i have prioritised horizontal in mode settings, A + D buttons left and right movement, i have tried diagonal size small and large and the deadzone at 5%. The wheels still don't turn when they should. Any more ideas?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

That the black dot moves immediately is good.

The DeadZone setting of 5% should be nice too, you should only make it larger if the wheel is steering sometimes to the left or right although you don't push it in any direction.

And as for the Diagonal Size mode settings, you can completely ignore them as a wheel has anyways only two direction. You should only not use "4-Way Diagonal".

The next things you need to check are in the game. What game is it actually?
Are you sure that you need Xpadder for it? The thing is that if the game directly supports your wheel, you don't need Xpadder. At least you shouldn't use it for steering (for the buttons, Xpadder still has some nice features) as Xpadder can only send on or off, the basic problem of keyboard input. This means that you either steer fully left or fully right or straight forward. The same goes for the pedals.
But that's basically the absolute opposite of your problem. So what happens if you completely close Xpadder (or at least clear the assignments of the wheel and the pedals)?
Is your wheel working in the game (of course but not in a nice way), or isn't it working at all?

st3

Post by st3 »

The game is just cause 2, and the game does not support any wheel.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK, then all of your configuration are fine. The wheel should steer 100% left/right when you leave the Deadzone.

I have Just Cause 2 myself I think that your "problem" is basically how the game works. The car handling in it is really difficult, plus the streets seem for my taste pretty small. While driving fast, the slightest failure in with the steering or a too much speed in the in a turn of the road and you end up with your car somewhere in the jungle.
Try it with the keyboard, you will probably see that there no to your wheel with Xpadder.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”