program isn't detecting controller

paulaeiser

program isn't detecting controller

Post by paulaeiser »

I have a logitech dual action gamepad. I installed the program and logitech drivers (and the driver program recognized the device and its input) but the xpadder isn't receiving the input from the device when I try to detect it

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: program isn't detecting controller

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the controller menu (by clicking on the small controller icon on the left side) and then click on "Properties...". What stands in the opening Controller Properties on the left side under "Name"?

paulaeiser

Post by paulaeiser »

"buddy desktopmini 7g"
when I press the control panel button there it shows two controllers. one is buddy desktop mini and the other is logitech dual action. I assume I want the logitech one but I can't figure out how to change the name setting

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Goggle says that this is this microphone, you probably have it connected to your PC. It is working falsely as game controller, that can happen for some devices but it is usually not a problem.

Read here how to select another controller.
You can also hide the microphone, so it doesn't show up anymore in the Xpadder main window. To do that click on the small tool icon in the upper right corner of the main window to open the Xpadder settings, select the section "Controllers", select there the microphone and click below on "Hide". The microphone will be gone when you start Xpadder the next time.

paulaeiser

Post by paulaeiser »

I created another controller and it works. Is there a way to delete the first controller that is linked to the wrong device?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you refer to the controller layout, it is saved as a single file on your hard disk (at least if you have already saved it).
To delete it, it is the easiest way to open the controller menu of Xpadder and to click on "Open...". If you didn't change the folder with the second controller layout, it should be right there next to your correct layout. To delete it, simply click with the right mouse button on the file and then click on "Delete". After deleting the wrong file, simply click on "Cancel" as you don't really want to open a controller file.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”