Windows 8, Xbox controller, and Oblivion.....not comin' together.....help!!!

justindouglas1231

Windows 8, Xbox controller, and Oblivion.....not comin' together.....help!!!

Post by justindouglas1231 »

First off I would like to say, that I'm new to all this, and when I purchased Xpadder all went well, your instructions were understandable and clear. Thank you.
Now my problems....hehehe!!!! Like many others I've read here, we seem to have similar ailments, so here's mine: I'm running on Windows 8, using a Xbox controller(with driver installed). I'm trying to play Bethesdas "Oblivion-Elder Scrolls IV" on my very up to date rig. Xpadder installed with no problems, as well as the Profiling (as best as I can tell), yet when I go to play (from the disc), only parts of the controller function as was set up. Some functions "bleed" over, or actuate another buttons....some, not at all. I've gone down your list of troubleshooting possibilities, but to no avail....I'm stuck and could really go for some advice to get this controller to work with Oblivion :?

Just read, and took some advice from "Can't get it to Work" post. 1. Changed bUseJoystick=1, to, bUseJoystick=0 in Oblivion file. 2. Don't connect the controller until the main menu pops-up. This seems to be keeping my controller profile in order......so far. If anyone can suggest anything better, i.e. without having to jump through these hoops, please let me/us know!!!! Thanx!! Hopefully, Jon will get these Windows 8 upgrades to us soon; just glad to use a controller with Oblivion.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”