ps2 controller problems

matthiasfl

ps2 controller problems

Post by matthiasfl »

hi
i have some problems with my ps2 controller. when i try to configurer the controller, it cant detect the analog stick. and it can also only detect the lower d pad which. does anybody know what this problem can be?

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: ps2 controller problems

Post by Oke_Doke »

What type of adapter are you using to connect the ps2 controller to your machine? If you can, check the documentation for that adapter for possible troubleshooting information. No analog or other missing functions usually comes down to driver or configuration issues with the device.

Happy 13th.

matthiasfl

Post by matthiasfl »

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

It looks identical to my PU203 , a generic blue triangle thing with no markings, I'm guessing this kind of device is common. Yet its showing its age in regards to driver support. When I got mine, It came with a small USB joystick driver disk. With drivers for a number of different playstation to USB adapters. but it looks like they are from before 2009. So I went hunting for something more up to date.

The dilong website shows their PU203 and thier support list a drivertool download. However after running the tool and selecting the PU203, the actual driver setup for that device seems to be miss-named.

In the DILONG folder the "813&811V3.70(0506)" appears to be the correct "USB Newtork" diver.

EDIT: confirmed. Not only does the driver work, but (after restart) my controllers have vibration. Something that never worked for me on this adapter before.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”