Triggers Aren't Analog? (HELP!!)

louiseallen69

Triggers Aren't Analog? (HELP!!)

Post by louiseallen69 »

I'm using xpadder with my dualshock 4 for racing games, it said the triggers weren't analog and I needed to add them as a button. I added them as a button but it's kinda rubbish because whether I hardly press the trigger or "step on it" it's always full throttle in the game and it's hard to play :cry: , I was wondering if there was a fix? I know it recognizes them as sticks but 0-50% is one button and 50%< is another. So it would kinda work because after I press it more than 50% it would go forward, but it wouldn't be very good :? , also, xpadder only allows 2 sticks :roll: and I want the real sticks as well as the triggers, please help, thanks :D .

louiseallen69

Re: Triggers Aren't Analog? (HELP!!)

Post by louiseallen69 »

:cry:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Triggers Aren't Analog? (HELP!!)

Post by Primal Fear »

The triggers are analog, the problem for Xpadder is that with the standard driver from Sony they work as button and as axis. So you have to select the axes for the triggers manually in Xpadder. To do that go to the Triggers section in the controller settings window and select there "Axis RX+ full" for the left trigger and "Axis RY+ full" for the left trigger. If they should work in the wrong direction now, use the ones with - instead of +. But note that if you assign a keyboard key with Xpadder it won't be analog anyways, simply because of how keyboard input works.
As an option I would recommend this third party driver that makes the PS4pad working as an Xbox360pad, that way you could work around the trigger problem in Xpadder and use the controller without any problems in all games that support the Xbox360pad. Note that this driver is made by a private person, in beta stage and that I didn't test that myself.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”