xpadder not detecting button inputs on xbox 360 controller windows 7

jamespetty

xpadder not detecting button inputs on xbox 360 controller windows 7

Post by jamespetty »

Xpadder is not detecting button inputs on xbox 360 controller in windows 7.

It is detecting the device per the instructions which you can see here:
Text/Images: Show
However when I select enable on say sticks it doesn't detect or recognize any of the input. Most of the settings seem to be greyed out. I have no clue why.
The controller works in other games and I have verified it is in fact recognized by windows:
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: xpadder not detecting button inputs on xbox 360 controller windows 7

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder has found two controllers (you see that on the second gray tab on the top of Xpadders main window) and you have this PPjoy virtual controller installed. So I'm pretty sure you try to configure this virtual controller as your Xbox360pad, which of course will not work.
To verify that click on the tab of the first controller while it is already selected to open the controller properties (alternatively over controller menu->Properties). Under Name you will probably find "PPJoy Virtual Controller" which means you have to click the second tab and start again with creating the controller layout for it.

If you don't want to see the virtual controller in Xpadder, you can hide it in. To do that click on the tool symbol button in the upper right (next to the one with the question mark), select Controllers, select the PPJoy Virtual Controller and click on Hide. After restarting Xpadder, you won't see this tab anymore.

jamespetty

Post by jamespetty »

Primal Fear wrote:Xpadder has found two controllers (you see that on the second gray tab on the top of Xpadders main window) and you have this PPjoy virtual controller installed. So I'm pretty sure you try to configure this virtual controller as your Xbox360pad, which of course will not work.
To verify that click on the tab of the first controller while it is already selected to open the controller properties (alternatively over controller menu->Properties). Under Name you will probably find "PPJoy Virtual Controller" which means you have to click the second tab and start again with creating the controller layout for it.

If you don't want to see the virtual controller in Xpadder, you can hide it in. To do that click on the tool symbol button in the upper right (next to the one with the question mark), select Controllers, select the PPJoy Virtual Controller and click on Hide. After restarting Xpadder, you won't see this tab anymore.
I checked the properties for both and it appears the first one is indeed the xbox controller. Or am I missing something?

http://screencast.com/t/EzQPxaEQrr

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK that's right, it is the Xbox360pad.
jamespetty wrote: However when I select enable on say sticks it doesn't detect or recognize any of the input. Most of the settings seem to be greyed out. I have no clue why.
It is normal that these settings are grayed out until you tick Enabled, after that a window should appear that tells you to move the stick left then up and all the the settings for stick1 as well as the Enabled check box for stick2 should be available. I just expected that it could stay that way if a controller doesn't have any analog input, which can be configured that way for a PPJoy virtual controller.
  • Are all the bars in the controller properties moving according to their input, including the one for the buttons? In both, the DirectInput and the Xinput section?

Have you already simply tried again to create the controller layout after completely closing and restarting Xpadder/respectively your PC?

Are there any .dll file (Application Extension) in the folder where you have placed the Xpadder.exe?

jamespetty

Post by jamespetty »

Primal Fear wrote:OK that's right, it is the Xbox360pad.

It is normal that these settings are grayed out until you tick Enabled, after that a window should appear that tells you to move the stick left then up and all the the settings for stick1 as well as the Enabled check box for stick2 should be available. I just expected that it could stay that way if a controller doesn't have any analog input, which can be configured that way for a PPJoy virtual controller.
  • Are all the bars in the controller properties moving according to their input, including the one for the buttons? In both, the DirectInput and the Xinput section?

Have you already simply tried again to create the controller layout after completely closing and restarting Xpadder/respectively your PC?

Are there any .dll file (Application Extension) in the folder where you have placed the Xpadder.exe?
I tried rebooting my pc and somehow that fixed it :)

Thanks for the help troubelshooting it.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”