Digital Xbox Triggers Detected in Controller Setup but not Main Window

beats1234

Digital Xbox Triggers Detected in Controller Setup but not Main Window

Post by beats1234 »

I have an Xbox 360 controller with digital triggers. Windows recognizes them as buttons 9 and 10. Under controller settings in Xpadder, while setting up the layout, they are detected. However, when I get to the main window, they no longer light up. FYI, while the controller settings window is up and I'm testing the buttons (blinking green), the buttons do light up green at the same time in the main window in the background. As soon as I press "OK", the buttons no longer respond. Any ideas? TIA.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Digital Xbox Triggers Detected in Controller Setup but not Main Window

Post by Primal Fear »

You mean LB and RB, so actually the shoulder buttons, right? But they actually have to be button 5 and 6. And the triggers, LT and RT, are actually analog and shouldn't have a button number at all if you are really using a original Xbox360pad.

Two things:
Please specify your controller type, as I'm sure that you either don't have a original Xbox360pad or that you have some strange driver installed.

And check the folder with the Xpadder.exe for any .dll files (application extension), especially a xinput1_3.dll. If you should find one, remove or rename it, completely close Xpadder and restart Xpadder.

beats1234

Post by beats1234 »

Thanks for your reply! I actually have "Arcade Pad (Arcade Fighting Pad For Xbox 360)". Here is the link http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/access ... -pdp/90035

The bumpers are to the right of the face buttons and the triggers are actually clicky digital buttons that map to 9 and 10, according to windows.

Here is what I mean:
http://imgur.com/1zniS7S

The corresponding buttons light up green when I have both windows open, but when I press "OK" to close the pink window, the buttons won't light up green on the gray window.

There are no dll's in the Xpadder.exe folder. I've tried restarting, changing the folder I launch Xpadder from, redoing everything, but I just can't get it recognized.

Thanks again for reading and any suggestions!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

This is a known problem (so far from fight pads from Mad Catz and Hori). The button numbers of Xinput differ from the button numbers of DirectIpnut and as Xpadder uses only Dinput as long the controller settings window is open and switches Xinput back on after closing it, this problem occurs.

You have two possibilities:
Either you simply open the Xpadder settings (by clicking on the button with the tool symbol that is next to the one with the question mark), uncheck Use Xinput (if installed) (in the Options section) and click on OK. But that's only an good possibility if that's the only Xinput compatible controller you want to use. If you want to use a normal Xbox360pad (or any other Xinput compatible gamepad) you will then mainly have the problem that in Xpadder the triggers don't work individually from each other anymore.

The other possibility is downloading my controller layout, loading it over controller menu(the one on the left side)->Open, replacing the controller image, removing the not necessary components and moving the remaining components to the correct position. It should then work with the Xinput option on, but only when the controller settings window is not open.

beats1234

Post by beats1234 »

This is the only controller I use for this PC, and turning off Xinput worked. Problem solved; thanks!

Edit: Also gave your layout a whirl, out of curiosity, and it works well. Thanks again.

gsilver0

Post by gsilver0 »

I'm having this problem too.

Turning off Use X-Input worked, but would it be possible to override this per-controller instead of globally?

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”