Sticks not recognised in Xpadder, but fine in DS3

chrisdickson0

Sticks not recognised in Xpadder, but fine in DS3

Post by chrisdickson0 »

Hi, I was using xpadder to play older games that dont have the Steam xbox controller thing (eg FEAR), and motion in joy/ds3 for the more recent games that do (Metro 2033). But now the analog sticks just dont seem to be detected in Xpadder and the buttons in profiles i'd saved are all in different places (eg. direction pad lights up WSAD instead of the left stick, start button changed to L3 etc). When i just use motion in joy/ds3, all the sticks and buttons are fine.

Any ideas? It's an official dual shock 3 I'm using by the way.

Thanks.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Sticks not recognised in Xpadder, but fine in DS3

Post by Primal Fear »

With Motininjoy you have to open the DS3Tool every time you connect your PS3pad/start you PC, select the standard "Playstation 3" or the "Xbox 360 controller emualtor" mode and to click "Enable" to make it working correctly (fixes the problem that the sticks aren't working and that the Dpad is on the right stick. That's basically a feature to make you look at their ads as often as possible.

The problem that the buttons are mixed up could have several reasons.
First, Motioninjoy has changed the button mapping of the Playstation 3 profile a while ago. That means that Xpadder profiles before this version are not compatible anymore with this new version, except you create and load a Dinput profile in Motioninjoy that matches with the old button order.
Second, make sure that you have created your controller layout manually as explained here. If you simply load a layout of the DualShock3 that you have found somewhere in the Internet, it could be an old file, from before the developers of Motioninjoy have change the button mapping, and that would also already cause mixed up buttons in the layout. If you simply load a Xbox360 layout you have found somewhere, that would also only work if you have had loaded the Xbox 360 controller emulator profile before.
Third, the profiles here in the forum are only for specific controllers (most of them for Xbox360). So if you for example load a Xbox360 profile while have loaded the standard profile or the Playstation3 mode in Motioninjoy this will mix up the buttons in the profile.

My current recommendation is anyways to to switch to this other driver I have discovered recently. It automatically makes your DualShock3 working as Xbox360 controller as soon as you connect it without any ads and it's not as shifty (and impossible to read) as this Chinese driver.

chrisdickson0

Post by chrisdickson0 »

Thanks for the reply. It's all the weirder for the fact that it used to work fine, and then one day i switched the pc on and it wasnt anymore.

I got rid of motion in joy and tried that link for another driver, but once i'd unzipped it and launched it, it kept flashing between "controller connected" and "controller disconnected". I tried another driver program called Better Ds3 and now the mouse pointer is permanently trying to go bottom left!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you uninstall the driver of Motioninjoy before installing the new driver? I have explained how to do that in my post there.

chrisdickson0

Post by chrisdickson0 »

I uninstalled everything and tried the three or so other options for connecting the ps3 controller, then gave up and reinstalled motion in play and everything's working again!

There may have been an issue with a "HID compliant game controller" something or other too.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”