Constant Movement? Stuck button?

jupiknight

Constant Movement? Stuck button?

Post by jupiknight »

First off, this program is amazing. However I am having one annoying issue. Whenever I try to play in my game, it is as if UP on the controller is being constantly pushed. I cannot get it to stop. I am using PS3 controller, playing DreadOut game through Steam.

Not sure what other information would help, but here is my set up. Screenshots below.
Text/Images: Show
Thanks for any help! I hope someone can get back to me soon, I am dying to play this game...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Constant Movement? Stuck button?

Post by Primal Fear »

The screenshots show that Xpadder should be working fine actually.

What you can test:
1.Open the stick settings window for stick1, move it forward and let it return slowly to the center. If it should stay outside of the DeadZone (read area), increase it with the slider until the black dot is back inside.

2.I the DeadZone is OK, open the Xpadder settings and activate under Options "Show debug setting" (last entry under "Window"). Now open the new section "Debug - Keyboard" and click on enable. Does it show that any key is pressed? "-----" would mean no.

3.Start the game without Xpadder running (close it as explained here. Does the problem still occur? Sometimes game developers seem to try to implement native gamepad support, but fail. So the remove the code but forget some tiny bits (even Mass Effect had such problems), so these leftovers are causing such weird problems even if the game doesn't even has controller support.
So basically this would be a problem of the game and the developers have to fix that. But what you can try is putting the xinput1_3.dll or/and the Dinput8.dll in the installation folder which I have explained here.

jupiknight

Re: Constant Movement? Stuck button?

Post by jupiknight »

Primal Fear wrote: What you can test:
1.Open the stick settings window for stick1, move it forward and let it return slowly to the center. If it should stay outside of the DeadZone (read area), increase it with the slider until the black dot is back inside.
This is actually the one I seem to be having a problem with. When I press up, the black dot goes IMMEDIATELY to the wall, and then back to the center. It does not return slowly. It seems a bit odd? Also when detecting the right stick, it seems to think that left=left and up. It is like it is moving on its own kind of.. Hard to explain. But do these numbers all seem correct?

I redid everything, and made a new profile, because previously, one of those green lines was all the way to the end, while the others were still in the middle.. Not sure if I fixed that somehow, or made it worse.

Everything else seems to be correct, however I will try running the game, then the program after it is open and see if that changes anything. Thanks lots! I'll let you know how this goes..

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”