Is Xpadder a keymapper ONLY for controllers?

gbrandon

Is Xpadder a keymapper ONLY for controllers?

Post by gbrandon »

Not sure if I understand xpadder correctly. I understand its for mapping keypresses to controllers and it works perfectly with my dual Aimtrak Lightguns in Win 7 x64, but what about simply remapping keyboard/mouse commands to each other or to keyboard controllers?? In my case, I have a arcade cabinet and want to assign a button to one of the mouse buttons as described below:

In windows 7, I want to play the PopCap game Plants vs Zomies, which uses the mouse and the left mouse button. On my arcade, the trackball works fine as the mouse, but I need to bind a keyboard key (eg. X) to the left mouse button. Is this not possible with Xpadder?

Even if its not, why doesent it work in the following scenario? (or am i doing something wrong?)

I have a controller that windows sees fine and I installed as a controller in Xpadder, (a Ultimarc Ultimate I/O keyboard mapper that Xpadder sees as well). But when I try to add any buttons to the Ultimarc controller profile in xpadder it refuses to see them, so does that mean Xpadder does not support keymappers as well since xpadder is a "software keymapper" already and im being redundant with a hardware keyboard mapper? (my Ultimarc ultimate I/O)

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”