Top Gun Fox 2 Pro stick resting

Wallaceman105

Top Gun Fox 2 Pro stick resting

Post by Wallaceman105 »

Hi, I'm new to xpadder, and my stick is giving me an issue.
The resting point is off-center!
Does xpadder have a way to reset this?
I am also having an issue where moving the "mouse" joystick slowly causes extremely jittery movements, as if I had massive frame drops.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Top Gun Fox 2 Pro stick resting

Post by Mobeeuz »

Wallaceman105 wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 21:44
Your Dead zone needs to be expanded - click the little wrench next to the stick in question, settings, increase the deadzone size until the stick stays centered.
Wallaceman105 wrote:
I am also having an issue where moving the "mouse" joystick slowly causes extremely jittery movements, as if I had massive frame drops.
Can you post the contents of the saved .xpadderprofile? it's just a text file than can be opened in Notepad.

Wallaceman105

Post by Wallaceman105 »

Mobeeuz wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 19:52
Wallaceman105 wrote:
Your Dead zone needs to be expanded - click the little wrench next to the stick in question, settings, increase the deadzone size until the stick stays centered.
Wallaceman105 wrote:
Can you post the contents of the saved .xpadderprofile? it's just a text file than can be opened in Notepad.
sure, here it is:
Text/Images: Show
;--- Xpadder Profile File ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2020.05.01

Select all the Profile text, copy, click the Paste option in Xpadder Profile Menu (help)
KeyTapTime=1

[Set Settings]
Set1StickDeadZones=45,64
Set1StickDiagonalSizes=23,45
Set1TriggerDeadZones=1,220
Set1DPadMode=EightWay

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Slots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set1Button2Slots=Space
Set1Button3Slots=F
Set1Button4Slots=E
Set1Button5Slots=T
Set1Button6Slots=Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set1DPadUpSlots=Extra Mouse Button (5)
Set1DPadRightSlots=X
Set1DPadDownSlots=M
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Z
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=34
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick1RightMouseSpeed=124
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=34
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=124
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Extra Mouse Button (4)
I've also realized that I would need to do 2 things in order to achieve what I want, and I don't know if they're technically possible in xpadder.
1) I need to adjust my dead zone in a non-uniform manner. Specifically, I need a 30% dead zone on my diagonals for mouse mode, and a 5% dead zone on my X/Y. This is to prevent vertically wiggling my camera while looking left/right, increasing precision while turning/aiming

2) I'd like to be able to set the Y axis as a spring function while leaving the X axis in view/camera mode. This is to allow me to better have a "flow" while aiming/looking up/down, since with a mouse, my natural behavior is to look up and return down. The other problem is that when I'm in spring mode, my default camera position is straight down at the floor.

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

You are correct, these requirements are currently not possible with Xpadder. Some of these issues could be alleviated in Steam's big picture controller options, but I personally know of no stand alone software with these capabilities.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”