Xpadder not being recognised in any games, whatsoever!

vinster345

Xpadder not being recognised in any games, whatsoever!

Post by vinster345 »

Hi all,
Pretty must at my wits end. I'm sure its a very good piece of software but I cannot get the damn thing to work in any game i play. Have tried all the GTAs (from 1 to IV), Batman, and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

The main issue is the right thumb stick. The axis is reversed, with x being y and vice versa. I tried, using the tutorials here, to swap them around, but this never impacts in a game. I've tried this with PS3, 360 and PS2 controllers, and also tried swapping buttons around to try and see if it was just the axis problem, but its not recognising buttons either.

I've looked into the cheat software, and that is not on any of these, and i've turned off UAC. I've also tried it on both WIn7 and XP (both 64bit) as I have them dual booting on my pc. I have tired Auto profiling and manual profiling.

Any other tips to try, or am I stuck (apologies for negativity, i'm sure the author works very hard to make sure it works well, but have been trying this work two nights now with no luck!)

Help, please!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Xpadder not being recognised in any games, whatsoever!

Post by Jonathan »

Before using Xpadder in a game try setting the mouse to each thumbstick and assigning a few letters to a some buttons.
Now try and move the mouse around the desktop using each stick.
You can then test keyboard assignments by opening Notepad, pressing your buttons and seeing if the keys appear.

Are you able to configure Xpadder to simulate the mouse and keyboard in this simple test?

vinster345

Post by vinster345 »

Thank you Jonathan. Will try this when I get back from work this evening. Much appreciate the help

vinster345

Post by vinster345 »

Ah, so its the game and not the controller i assume. Tried the assigning keys and mouse movement and it works flawlessly. I don't know how i'd change the movement in GTA itself, but that's not for this board. Thank you for your help

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

vinster345 wrote:I don't know how i'd change the movement in GTA itself, but that's not for this board.
Maybe it isn't, but nevertheless we would try to help you with this problem if you like. ;)
Where would like to start? Which game? Which controller?

vinster345

Post by vinster345 »

Primal that's very kind. Just been trying the thing out in games (apologies for not replying on here earlier) and god knows why, but xpadder is working in the Vice City and GTA 3 now!!! Weird but awesome, all in one!
The only thing i can think of is that i uninstalled motionjoy driver as the last thing last night and maybe after a proper reboot, its now working. Either way, i'm very happy!!! Good Karma from PF and Jonathan obviously won out!! Thanks you both

vinster345

Post by vinster345 »

Bugger. Its back to having its axis swapped. Any ideas. Yep, the right analog stick is registering in windows and with the ability to assign mouse movements to it. But in game, the axis are swapped and i can't just swap them in xpadder to make it work, sadly

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

First, I would make the controller layout every time how it really i (no axis swapping). If you want to to swap them, you can simply switch the assignments (for example mouse up to stick down and the other way).

The problem should be, that the game gets not only input from Xpadder but also from the controller directly.
So try first to disconnect the controller before starting the game, and then to reconnect it when the game runs. Most games won't detect the controller that way and so only Xpadder's keyboard/mouse input will be detected.

For an advice how to disable the controller support completely, I need to know with which game(s) you have this problem.

vinster345

Post by vinster345 »

Hmmm, ok, let me try that this. FYI its Vice City

Yeah, no luck there. The game doesn't respond to the controller being attached after starting up the game

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, that's what it actually was about. The game should not detect the controller, so only Xpadders emulated keyboard and mouse input will control the game. After reconnecting the controller you have to Alt-Tab out of the game and then to load you profile.
Alternatively you can make an AutoProfile entry before.

Here is my idea to disable the controller for this game, without this effort every time:
You need a second controller, connected and working.
Open the Windows Controller Control Panel, by clicking in the Xpadder main window on the tab of the currently selected controller and then in the appearing Controller Properties window on the button "Control Panel...".
Click in this new Window on Advance and select here as preferred device the controller you don't want to use for that game.

vinster345

Post by vinster345 »

So sorry i haven't gotten back to you, Primal Fear. Been away with work for a few days so not had a chance to catch up on this. Thank you again for your efforts here. i shall try them as soon as I get home! Cheers!

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”