How do I get xpadder to work with Doom 3?

vzeprr21

How do I get xpadder to work with Doom 3?

Post by vzeprr21 »

I have a new xps from dell and i have windows 7. I downloaded the xbox 360 driver but don't know what to do from there. :x

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How do I get xpadder to work with Doom 3?

Post by Primal Fear »

First, you normally don't need to download the driver. If you connect the controller, Windows should install the driver automatically.

After installing Xpadder, the first step in Xpadder is to create the Controller Layout. Start with copying the image of your controller from here (right click on the image->copy image).
Then open the Xpadder Controller Settings.

Controller Menu (left side)->Settings...
Click in the appearing Controller Settings window on "Paste", and the big pink area will be replaced by the Controller Image.
Then move on entry by entry on the left to let detect all components of the controller. You can move the appearing squares for each component via Drag'n'Drop to it's correct place in the picture.
You can find detailed informations about that here.
When you are done with that make sure to save the layout, again in the controller menu on the left side.

The next step is to create the a profile for the game. It saves the assignments for each gamepad component, so for example pressing keyboard key E if gamepad button X will be pressed. It's pretty easy, simply click on the square for the specific component and then click in the appearing Assignment window on the desired keyboard key or mouse function. Alternatively you can also press the key on your keyboard.
You can find detailed informations about that here.
To save the Profile, use the Profile Menu on the right side.

The Profile has to be loaded while running the game.

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”