Reinstalled Windows 7, Xpadder inputs stop working when I select game windows

Lunatic

Reinstalled Windows 7, Xpadder inputs stop working when I select game windows

Post by Lunatic »

Bought the product a month or two ago, loved it for being able to play World of Tanks in the living room.

Today I reinstalled Windows 7 to take advantage of a new SSD drive and while re-entering my Xpadder inputs onto this new install I came across a curious problem that wasn't there before. It works at the desktop level, I can drive my mouse around and click and do everything you'd expect, however...

... anytime I try to click on or operate inside the WoT gaming environment, the game does not recognize the inputs and it's as if I have no controller at all, mouse and keyboard inputs still work. Additionally, I cannot manipulate the gaming window with the controller, the physical window the game plays in. It's like the gaming window literally ignores the commands Xpadder is sending it while hovering over or in the gaming environment. This was working literally hours ago. :?:

I'm hoping that this is a common issue that I somehow mysteriously slipped by on my first install months ago and has an easy fix that I am not seeing.

It works at the desktop level, but not inside a gaming window environment, sigh.

Thanks for any help, loved the solution this provided, hope I can get it back.
Last edited by Lunatic on 27 May 2011, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.

Lunatic

Re: Reinstalled Windows 7, Xpadder inputs stop working when I select game windows

Post by Lunatic »

Thanks for the quick reply, initially seems to have fixed it, but before I didn't have to run the game or the Xpadder software as administrator.

Guess I'll have to fiddle with those settings.

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”