cant get xpadder to respnd when some games are open

mastergravy69

cant get xpadder to respnd when some games are open

Post by mastergravy69 »

hi, i cant seem to get xpadder to work on some games, this is on my bro's machine while it works fine on mine with all games mostly his has been acting up. we made a preset for swtor worked fine in beta till last day then when we logged in it stoped responding when the game was open, we minimize the game and xpadder seems to be working fine. open game back up and .. you guessed it not working like it should. now i figured it was the game with updates but it isnt. i have the same OS as he and mine still worked fine. we eventual gave up at the time and moved onto another game. we are starting to see the same in apb now, while the game really doesnt need it its nice to get tweak the driving with xpadder. again it works fine on my machine his is not responding while the game is up. we have tried several
troubleshooting tips like upplugg to another usb and in game settings but nothing seems to fix this

the OS win 7 64

xpadder works in aion just fine, and lotro, please help guys maybe iam missing something

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: cant get xpadder to respnd when some games are open

Post by Terra Branford »

I think all you'll need to do, is set up Xpadder to run in Administrator mode. This sounds like the usual: "What the?! It was working, now it's not?!" problem that is associated with Win 7 and Vista.

First, make sure you fully exit Xpadder. Either Right-click the icon in your System Tray (near the clock) and choose to "Close", or use your mouse's middle-click button on said icon. Just make sure it's not running.

Next, find the location you've placed Xpadder. Mine is found in "C:/Xpadder". Go to your "Xpadder.exe" file and Right-click it, and click on "Properties".

From the Properties menu, click on the "Compatibility" tab you see (you should have "General", "Compatibility", "Security", "Details" and "Previous Versions").

Then click on "Run this program as an administer" under "Privilege Level".

That should be all you need to do. Now when you run your games, Xpadder should work with it. If not, it's possible your game is using an "Anti-hack" or "Anti-cheat" software to prevent it working. That doesn't sound like it's the case, here, since it's still working with Xpadder on your system.

You may also need to elevate the privilege level of your game you're running (if you can't directly effect the .exe file for the game, make a shortcut and change the privileges in the shortcut's properties). Hope this helps.

mastergravy69

Post by mastergravy69 »

dude thanks this worked perfect, i forgot to even try this. thanks again : )

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

No problem. Just glad it worked for you.

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”