Xpadder not working in SWTOR

jeffboyd14

Xpadder not working in SWTOR

Post by jeffboyd14 »

Hello,

I've had Xpadder work for many games, but this time I am stumped.

Tried using in Star Wars the old Republic.

Set everything up, nothing.

Went to windowed full screen, nothing.

Already set to run as admin.

Any thoughts?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder not working in SWTOR

Post by Primal Fear »

It seems like their last patch has caused that emulated keyboard and mouse input isn't supported anymore. I guess they do this in MMO's as a protection against farming bots.

The only thing you can do is to write the support of EA, and to ask for undoing that or to whitelist Xpadder if this is possible. Jonathan has stated this at the end of this post, including a sample E-mail.

earnhardtjr815

Post by earnhardtjr815 »

That's not true. I have a logitech controller that works just fine, but I bought an xbox controller along with this software to make it work. The software that came with the logitech controller allows you to link your profile to SWTOR's exe file and works perfectly. Guess I'm stuck using the logitech controller till I find better software. At least I'm only out $10. Your welcome Jonathan, thanks for nothing.

earnhardtjr815

Post by earnhardtjr815 »

Found a fix for our problem. Make sure XPadder is NOT installed in the Program Files (x86) folder, and right-click its properties to set it to run as an administrator in Vista compatibility mode. SWTOR runs at the administrator level, so programs like XPadder must run at the same level in order to function in-game. Did this and it works perfectly now.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, Xpadder has to run as Admin for this game. But some users have since the last patch the problem that it is still not working. Can you both please post OS specs, Windows Edition (Windows XP, Vixta, 7), Type (32 or 64bit), ServicePack? You can find all these infos in the control panel under system.
Edit: And the place of the Xpadder.exe would be good too.

Chuckiecfinster

Post by Chuckiecfinster »

Iv never had to click run as admin unless it does it automatically for me 0,0 and iv never had problems. But then again right now swtor has 9 patches coming out last night was 2-9 so who know just may be affecting some ppl and iv been fortunate to not be affected

_RobbieTheRabbit_

Post by _RobbieTheRabbit_ »

ROBBIE SAYS,

OK, take everybody's advice.. follow the steps..after you follow the steps and everything is not working still.. here's my solution.

1. open SWTOR.EXE OR LAUNCHER.. you'll be at the log-in screen. Then when you use ur mouse or keyboard. your Game Controller dont work.. BUT it works on the desktop, or any programs you have.

2. Follow the steps that everybody gave you on here.. IT still don't work right?!

3. Go to the xpadder program controller screen and you confirm that your game controller works fine. you did everything and it all works GREAT. but again.. it still dont work on swtor log-in screen. or just swtor period. so now YOUR MAD! ANGRY! ok....

4. SHUT DOWN OR RESTART PC.

5. UNPLUG YOUR MOUSE USB, OR UR KEYBOARD USB, UNPLUG UR GAME CONTROLLER USB/OR WIRELESS(USB ADAPTER)
AND PLUG BACK IN THE GAME CONTROLLER FIRST. then the other USB stuff.

6. GO BACK TO THE SWTOR Log-in Screen and BAM!! it works...

THAT'S HOW I GOT MINES WORKING AGAIN.

There's nothin wrong with our xpadder software.. its BIOWARRREEEEEEEE!!!

mgarcia3t

Post by mgarcia3t »

Im looking to see if the chatpad can also work with the SWTOR. I enjoy using the controller as I have bad wrists. Is there a way to make it compatible? I saw this on another website but wasnt sure if it was just a picture with the chatpad.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

There is a unofficial driver for the chatpad. But it is still in aplha status and you need to disabled Driver Signature Enforcement if you have a 64-Bit Windows. So you shouldn't use it if you don't feel safe messing with the device manager and different boot modes of Windows.

mgarcia3t

Post by mgarcia3t »

Thank you!

kahlilhamiz

Post by kahlilhamiz »

Cant get SWTOR to work either..

using win 7 64bit
run motionjoy
run xpadder as admin (install it at different folder than c://program x86)
run SWTOR

the gamepad functions perfectly on windows.. but not working at all when in game

restart laptop (a few times) still the same results...

bummerrr.... anyone can help resolve this?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you try that?
_RobbieTheRabbit_ wrote:OK, take everybody's advice.. follow the steps..after you follow the steps and everything is not working still.. here's my solution.

1. open SWTOR.EXE OR LAUNCHER.. you'll be at the log-in screen. Then when you use ur mouse or keyboard. your Game Controller dont work.. BUT it works on the desktop, or any programs you have.

2. Follow the steps that everybody gave you on here.. IT still don't work right?!

3. Go to the xpadder program controller screen and you confirm that your game controller works fine. you did everything and it all works GREAT. but again.. it still dont work on swtor log-in screen. or just swtor period. so now YOUR MAD! ANGRY! ok....

5. UNPLUG YOUR MOUSE USB, OR UR KEYBOARD USB, UNPLUG UR GAME CONTROLLER USB/OR WIRELESS(USB ADAPTER)

kahlilhamiz

Post by kahlilhamiz »

Yes i tried all of that... still no results... which part am i doing wrong? i cant seem to get the gamepad to work in game..

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Make sure that Xpadder is running as admin, load your profile for the game, disconnect your keyboard and mouse, start the game using your controller (I guess it saves the login informations).
Does it work that way?

kahlilhamiz

Post by kahlilhamiz »

hi..

still couldnt get it to work... tried evrtything on this thread ..

any more tips guys?

appreciate it.. thanx

hellajc

Post by hellajc »

_RobbieTheRabbit_ wrote:ROBBIE SAYS,

OK, take everybody's advice.. follow the steps..after you follow the steps and everything is not working still.. here's my solution.

Christ Almighty this actually worked. I tried everything else and nothing. This....freaking....worked!

hellajc

Post by hellajc »

_RobbieTheRabbit_ wrote:ROBBIE SAYS,

Christ Almighty this actually worked. I tried everything else and nothing. This....freaking....worked!

fjcrawler

Post by fjcrawler »

You just need to load swtor first all the way then start it and then load xpadder it works every time.

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”