THPS2 not functioning properly with Xpadder

Suomis

THPS2 not functioning properly with Xpadder

Post by Suomis »

It used to work, but now any time I press SQUARE (X on xbox controller, flip in game), it also uses CIRCLE (B on xbox controller, grab in game). The same happens when double tapping X (A on xbox controller, jump in game). When double tapped, it also does a flip. TRIANGLE (Y on xbox controller, grind in game) also functions as RIGHT TRIGGER (rotate in game).

I tried reinstalling THPS2 two times and Xpadder once. I also tried resetting all THPS2 settings and remapping Xpadder.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I have dual monitor, so I tried following the "green spots" on Xpadder while playing, but that seemed to be ok. It just uses two functions at the same time even without showing so.

This is my profile for THPS2:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12174047/THPS2.xpadderprofile

This is my image for Xpadder:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12174047/Xbox-c ... controller

Other than that, Xpadder has worked like a dream and was well worth the buy :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: THPS2 not functioning properly with Xpadder

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you talk about "Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2"?
If I remember correctly (from about 10 years ago) it has native controller support, which would explain your problem. You should be able to configure your controller in the options of the game, so you don't need Xpadder for this game.

Suomis

Post by Suomis »

Oh yeah, sorry. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. It does have controller support, but I've been playing with a keyboard+Xpadder. It worked for a while but started messing with me just today :/ I'll check if I can get the controller support working. Thanks though.

EDIT: It does work, but doesn't let me map the triggers (wings work fine) or the D-pad. I simply can't play THPS-games with the analog sticks :S

EDIT2: Oh and you can choose KB or gamepad in the options. I've had it set to KB, so it shouldn't cause a problem :/

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I just dug out THPS2 from my old games box to have a look on it. Is there something special to do to make the game working on Windows7?

Edit: Do you use a PS3 controller with Motioninjoy?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK, I had the game running.
I can say that you cannot select if you want to use keyboard/mouse or game controller, there is always both working. So you can change the bindings for the buttons directly in the game.
For the triggers, the Dpad and the right stick (if you want to use it) you can assign the keyboard keys with Xpadder.

Suomis

Post by Suomis »

So in theory, it should work if I just rebind the gamepad keys to the same ones I assign the Xpadder ones to? I'll check it out when I come back home from work. Thanks for your help! :)

Suomis

Post by Suomis »

It works fine now. Thanks for your help, Primal Fear :)

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”