Xpadder not working with Cryostasis (Gog.com version)?

-cerberus-

Xpadder not working with Cryostasis (Gog.com version)?

Post by -cerberus- »

I own and played through the retail copy of Cryostasis just fine using Xpadder and an Xbox 360 wired controller. For the sake of convenience, I just bought the GoG.com version. After installing and starting it up, with the Xpadder program active, I noticed that suddenly nothing worked anymore... No matter which stick I pull or button I press, nothing happens. Obviously there's nothing wrong with my controller or Xpadder itself as it works like a charm with other games, and since it did work as well with the retail copy, I'm not really sure what is preventing Xpadder from working with the GoG.com version? Help, please?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder not working with Cryostasis (Gog.com version)?

Post by Primal Fear »

Have you already tried to run Xpadder as admin because of the UAC-issue? Maybe the GOG version of the game is running with administrator rights.

-cerberus-

Post by -cerberus- »

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, I have. Alas, the problem persists.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

did you change the assigned keys from the default layout in game when you were using the retail copy of the game with xpadder?

-cerberus-

Post by -cerberus- »

The first time I used Xpadder with the retail version, the in-game default layout was left untouched. It was altered eventually after I'd gotten used to playing the game with a controller, yes. Both the default and custom layout work fine.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you create a AutoProfile entry for the game that you now rely on to be loaded automatically?
If you have selected to watch the program path it won't definitely work anymore and if you have selected to watch for the window name it is still possible that you need to edit the watch setting.

-cerberus-

Post by -cerberus- »

No, I do not use the AutoProfile feature.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

is more than one controller connected if so or not click wrench icon in the top right corner then uncheck "Process non-selected controllers" then press ok see if that helps

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”