Xpadder works but not when I switch to the game

greedyiguana

Xpadder works but not when I switch to the game

Post by greedyiguana »

Hello,

So I had set up xpadder on windows 7 64-bit with several profiles that worked perfectly, all for one wireless XBOX 360 controller (it's the silver looking one with the rotating dpad). I upgraded to windows 8 64-bit, as well as bought a different wireless controller (a black one with a regular dpad) that I am now using.

What is happening now is that I open xpadder, confirm the buttons work (I click on the program itself and try things that all work), then I click on the game I want to play (usually no alt+tab involved as I have two screens) and then none of the buttons respond. If I move back over and click on xpadder again the buttons work. Somewhere inbetween when xpadder loses focus it loses control of the wireless controller.

I have tried (as I saw suggested in another forum) starting xpadder within the My Documents folder with the controller off and then connecting it but it is the same problem.

If you guys have any idea how to help that would be awesome! Thank you!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Xpadder works but not when I switch to the game

Post by Jonathan »

If you assign the mouse to one of the thumbsticks and a letter key to one of the buttons are you able to move the mouse and press keys via Xpadder inside Notepad?

greedyiguana

Re: Xpadder works but not when I switch to the game

Post by greedyiguana »

Oh wow, I feel kind of stupid now. I didn't know there was an updated version and didn't think to check so I seem to have solved it just by switching to that.

I can't believe the creator of the software is the one trying to help me out though, haha. Thanks a bunch man!

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”