Xpadder+TESIV:Oblivion=not working!

aldurswatchtower

Xpadder+TESIV:Oblivion=not working!

Post by aldurswatchtower »

I've configured my PS3 controller and works great, however, when starting my game in oblivion i noticed that my controller was not responding. I do have Xpadder open during gameplay but nothing happens while playing. Any suggestions?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder+TESIV:Oblivion=not working!

Post by mnl1121 »

Have you made a game profile (as opposed to a controller profile) and is it active while trying to play Oblivion?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Probibly a user elevation issue. Try running Xpadder as administrator by right clicking the Xpadder icon in the system tray/notification area and choose "Close". Next right click the xpadder.exe application file and choose "Run as administrator..." option, click through the dialogs and then start your game. I know that games that use PunkBuster quietly run in an elevated state and I'm coming to the conclusion that Steam based games may also, though I haven't been able to confirm it.

aldurswatchtower

Post by aldurswatchtower »

Well... i don't know how to set up a game profile and i would appreciate it if I could recieve some info on how to do it; but now another problem has arised. I'm using a PS3 controller and the analog sticks aren't functioning according to my controller profile. As you can see i'm brand noob to all this so please bear with me. Thanks for any feedback.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

I would suggest going here http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewforum.php?f=7 and going through the short tutorials on how to setup Xpadder. If you have any further questions after going through those let us know.

dmorgan6000

Post by dmorgan6000 »

I am also trying to get my controllers (PS3 & Logitech rumblepad 2 cordless) working with Oblivion. Rather than re-invent the wheel I was hoping to find someone else who has made them work and just copy their profiles. Did you ever get yours to work?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You have to change one entry in the Oblivion.ini, to deactivate the native controller support of the game.
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... 1630#p7067
If you don't do that, the game will get one input from the gamepad directly and one from Xpadder, so it will perform two action at once.
The rest should be no problem anymore, at least it wasn't for me. But try also to run Xpadder in admin mode, because of the UAC-issue.

And here is also a profile you can start with,

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.06.03
Name=(Pasted Profile Oblivion)
Set1DPadMode=EightWay
Set1DPadUpSlots=1
Set1DPadRightSlots=3
Set1DPadDownSlots=5
Set1DPadLeftSlots=7
Set1DPadUpRightSlots=2
Set1DPadDownRightSlots=4
Set1DPadDownLeftSlots=6
Set1DPadUpLeftSlots=8
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Left Shift,W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Left Shift,D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Left Shift,S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Left Shift,A
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=64
It includes assignments for walking and running on stick one, the quicklaunches on the Dpad and Mouse Look on stick two.

Return to “Xpadder not working in game”