Autoprofile Fullscreen Shuffle

twotone8

Autoprofile Fullscreen Shuffle

Post by twotone8 »

i'm attempting to use autoprofile to load profiles for various console emulators. these emulators are being loaded from a frontend in fullscreen mode.

works like a charm, except one out of every three times, my emulators either start out minimized or with the windows 7 taskbar showing at the bottom. i thought it was a problem with the emulator settings at first, but this never seems to happen with autoprofiling disabled.

i'm trying to build a console-like mini computer which hopefully won't need either a mouse or a keyboard, so fixing this issue is pretty important to me.

i think what is happening is the attention xpadder needs to change profiles automatically is forcing it's way into the forefront of the desktop, keeping windows 7 from focusing completely on the emulator.

as of now i'm having to use batch files. i disable autoprofiling for whatever emulator i load up, and then instruct my frontend to load the batch file simultaneously with the emulator. what the batch file does is wait for about four seconds, and then manually loads up xpadder with teh correct profile. it works just fine, but autoprofiling saved me so much hassle.

really, if anyone has a way around xpadder stealing focus from my fullscreen game windows, i'd greatly appreciate it. i suppose my next step is to attempt to write an AutoIt script to give focus to my game windows as opposed to xpadder or anything else, but i'm not sure if that will work.

also, on a different topic, is it possible to map a specific command to a combination of button presses? something that only registers when all four triggerbuttons + start + select are pressed at once?

edit: i think i might have almost figured it out. disabling both 'show controller and button animations', and 'auto minimize after loading a profile' seems to have stopped it from hijacking my desktop. (whew)

edit: nope. wishful thinking. the bug is still present nomatter what the settings are. if there were some way to delay the autoprofile from loading until the emulator had finished fullscreening, that might be able to fix it. it would only take a delay of about three seconds or so to work.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Autoprofile Fullscreen Shuffle

Post by SGTCableDog »

I tried to reproduce this error using built in Windows games with Xpadder minimized and open in the back ground and didn't have success. The games always had focus. What emulators and frontend are you using?

twotone8

Re: Autoprofile Fullscreen Shuffle

Post by twotone8 »

using gameex to load

fusion
zsnes
mednafen

etc.

mednafen is the one i've been testing the most.
it's an odd glitch. it only happens about one in five times, but it's very annoying when it does happen.

i've managed to find a way around it.

gameex has a 'launch before' and 'launch after' feature

i'm using those to turn off 'explorer.exe' before the games launch, and to restart 'explorer.exe' when it's finished. it's a bit severe, but it does the job. it's an annoying little issue.

edit: and it didn't take long to create ain autoit script, launched from the batch file, to focus on the windows. still, i'td be nice if i didn't have to.

Return to “AutoProfile problems”