Cant select a profile for "autoprofile"

jjrcom3

Cant select a profile for "autoprofile"

Post by jjrcom3 »

I created a 349 kb profilethat I can see in windows explorer but when I try and select it (How do I make a new entry? 1. Click the New Tab, 2. Open a profile.) The 349 Kb file cannot be selected, its not listed, you used to be able to " All files" in the dropdownbut it says: Profiles(*.xpadder Profile) and there are no profiles there.

Thanks, Jeff

Windows 7 AMD 8 gig memory. 64 bit

jjrcom3

Re: Cant select a profile for "autoprofile"

Post by jjrcom3 »

Should of added, I was going through the walkthrough and got stuck at this step.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

verify where your profiles are stored then check that the profile created has the .xpadderProfile extension by enabling extension viewing by following this page: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/10 ... -show.html

jjrcom3

Post by jjrcom3 »

I enabled show file ext. in the regestry editor, but ther is no file ext for them. There marked USB joystick.xpaddercontroller and I can still only see them in windows explorer. Should mention the computer is a week old.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Try following: Open the Controller menu (on the left side), click on "Open" and browse for the folder with this file (if necessary). If you can see it now, it's not a Profile but a controller file.

jjrcom3

Post by jjrcom3 »

Yes your right. Skipping ahead, I created a profile and a controller profile and also downloaded Need F Sp World using it on Hot Pursuit. Now I can select the profile but when I start the game and when I use the controler I get a "That controller has not been set up please go to the controls menu in game play settings to configure it." When I go to set up the controller I can select the gamepad but I can't enter change any of the settings. Any ideas?

THanks, Jeff

jjrcom3

Post by jjrcom3 »

Its just that game won't work, tried mass effect and that works well Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

For NfS: World you probably need to run Xpadder as admin, because of Windows UAC. But if you see this error message (That controller has not been set up please go to the controls menu in game play settings to configure it.), you should prefer doing that instead of using Xpadder as you will have the possibility for analog steering and gas with the native controller support which Xpadder cannot offer.

Return to “AutoProfile problems”