AutoProfile doesn't load, if the controller will be connected while program is already running

BladeZX

AutoProfile doesn't load, if the controller will be connected while program is already running

Post by BladeZX »

I have xpadder set to start with the computer.
I turn on my wireless 360 controller and start the game I am going to play and xpadder auto loads the profile. But xpadder is not seeing the controller. If I shutdown xpadder and restart it, then it sees the controller.
It just seems to miss the controller if xpadder starts before the controller is on.
I am new to xpadder so maybe I am doing something wrong.
Anyone else seeing this?
Last edited by Primal Fear on 18 Nov 2012, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed subject to include the actual problem

BladeZX

Re: Xpadder does not see 360 wireless controller

Post by BladeZX »

This forum does not appear very active. I am wondering if my purchase of xpadder may have been a bad decision.
This is an issue. I have heard it from people on the HyperSpin forum. Is there a fix for this or maybe a newer version.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the Xpadder settings (tool symbol in the upper right corner of the main window), under "Options" search for the setting "Automatically detect new controllers" and make sure that it is activated.

Another possible problem is that the AutoProfile feature doesn't react, if the game is already running and in focus when you connect our controller. In that case you need to tab out of the game and back in.

BladeZX

Post by BladeZX »

It is set to automatically detect. Having to alt tab out and back is not good. Maybe the developer can comment on whether he plans any more updates to fix the bugs.
This is why I wish there was a trial before I bought it.
Hopefully he will fix these small things. For the most part the software is excellent. It is just things like this that make it frustrating to use since the controllers connect when not in use for a bit.

Return to “AutoProfile problems”