autoprofile default state

luckyluca

autoprofile default state

Post by luckyluca »

hi,
is it possible to make use of the new feature (well it's new to me..) autoprofile and have a profile when no program is currently active. ideAlly i have an xobx360 controller and would like to drive the mouse of a pc and then, upon doubledlicking the preferred icon, switch to another profile.
exiting from the application would revert back mouse mode.

thanks for your support
luca

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: autoprofile default state

Post by Primal Fear »

There is a pre-made default entry in list of the AutoProfile feature. Simply select it, click on "Edit Profile..." and select your profile with the mouse assignments. Then, with this default entry still selected, click on "Activate". Now this profile will always be loaded when no program with an AutoProfile entry is in focus.

Also note that there is never no program in focus, when you are on the desktop or in the Windows file browser then Xpadder detects that as "Explorer.exe". You can also make a specific AutoProfile entry for it.

You can find more informations about the AutoProfile feature here.

luckyluca

Post by luckyluca »

Thanks, it makes sense except I'm a little confused regarding two controllers.
I have two xbox controllers and successfully added two entries one for each (loading each a separate profile). Now the list looks like this:
default - mouse
xboxcontroller - mame1
xboxcontroller - mame2
ignoreprofile - xpadder

but what if I wanted to define two controllers' profiles for multiple programs, would the following work?
default - mouse
xboxcontroller - mame1
xboxcontroller - mame2
xboxcontroller - snes1
xboxcontroller - snes2
xboxcontroller - bla1
xboxcontroller - bla2
ignoreprofile - xpadder

Thanks!
Luca

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you have two or more controllers, you only have to make one entry for each controller.
If there are two or more entries for the same program (with a different or even the same profile), the profile of the first entry will be loaded for the first controller, the second profile for the second controller, and so on.

Return to “AutoProfile problems”