AutoProfile Data File Location

Shou

AutoProfile Data File Location

Post by Shou »

I recently switched HDDs and reinstalled Win7 x64 on a new SSD. When I try to run Xpadder now, it does not contain any of my previous AutoProfile settings.

Where is the file saved and how I import them? (I had over 500 entries so do not want to redo this)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: AutoProfile Data File Location

Post by Primal Fear »

The AutoProfile entries are saved in the Xpadder.ini, that Xpadder creates next to the Xpadder.exe. If you have moved the Xpadder.exe alone, the Xpadder.ini should still be in the old folder and you can still move it on the new drive. Well, if you didn't format the old one yet :?.
But make sure that Xpadder isn't already running while replacing the Xpadder.ini, otherwise Xpadder would overwrite it with it's current setting so the everything in your .ini with the AutoProfile entries would be lost.

Shou

Post by Shou »

Primal Fear wrote:The AutoProfile entries are saved in the Xpadder.ini, that Xpadder creates next to the Xpadder.exe. If you have moved the Xpadder.exe alone, the Xpadder.ini should still be in the old folder and you can still move it on the new drive. Well, if you didn't format the old one yet :?.
But make sure that Xpadder isn't already running while replacing the Xpadder.ini, otherwise Xpadder would overwrite it with it's current setting so the everything in your .ini with the AutoProfile entries would be lost.
I'm actually running it from the same directory on a non-OS HDD, the ini file must have been damaged on the original HDD I have since replaced but I copied what data I could recover. Thanks for letting me know so I can back it up in the future.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I feel with you, I had this month the same problem because of my socket strip for the monitor, speakers, etc.. When I shut down my PC and switched off the power switch of the socket strip the master fuse came because the switch wasn't in the best condition anymore. In the moment when the PC lost the power too Xpadder and PhraseExpress where saving their settings which resulted in the fact that all setting files were lost. PhraseExpress wasn't that much of a problem in the end as it doesn't have so many settings and as it makes regular backups of the phrases on it's own. For Xpadder I already make every once and a while a copy of the .ini, but the current one was already some months old, so it didn't help me much since I have had to replace all (all, when I think about that it sounds pretty sad) of my always connected controllers and changed the numbers of the controllers from three to two what also affects the AutoProfile entries.

Return to “AutoProfile problems”