Xpadder erasing autoprofiles after restarting computer?

mattdawson75

Xpadder erasing autoprofiles after restarting computer?

Post by mattdawson75 »

It seems I always have to re-create auto profiles, especially after restarting the computer. I have a lot of autoprofiles. Is there a limit to how many I can have?

mattdawson75

Re: Xpadder erasing autoprofiles after restarting computer?

Post by mattdawson75 »

Support is dead :(

geezanansa

Post by geezanansa »

Never had this issue. AutoProfiles is not dead. Brilliant way for managing all the different layouts i use for my steam games that do not natively support a controller and for windows/steam client navigatiion.

Where do you have xpadder.exe located?
Which windows are you using?
How many profiles is a lot?
How many profiles do you have assigned to autoprofiles?

mattdawson75

Post by mattdawson75 »

Xpadder is in E:\Program Files\Xpadder. E is my main hard drive with most of my stuff, C is a small solid state drive with basically just the OS on it.

I use Windows 8.1 64 bit pro version.

I currently have 16 profiles, with more coming as I continue to make more for new games.

I have 25 settings in Autoprofile, I had more but a lot of them were gone one day when I booted up my computer and I had to remake them.

geezanansa

Post by geezanansa »

A backup selected autoprofiles button would be a cool feature in the autoprofile window!? :)

geezanansa

Post by geezanansa »

Found this post by Primal Fear in the AutoProfile Data File Location thread which gives an easy backup option simply by copy and pasting the .ini to elsewhere other than leaving the original in xpadder folder in Documents as the .ini contains all the details used by AutoProfile.
Primal Fear wrote:The AutoProfile entries are saved in the Xpadder.ini, that Xpadder creates next to the Xpadder.exe. If you have moved the Xpadder.exe alone, the Xpadder.ini should still be in the old folder and you can still move it on the new drive. Well, if you didn't format the old one yet :?.
But make sure that Xpadder isn't already running while replacing the Xpadder.ini, otherwise Xpadder would overwrite it with it's current setting so the everything in your .ini with the AutoProfile entries would be lost.
With regards your autoprofiles disappearing it may be worth your while to check your downloaded xpadder has not been blocked by windows before reinstalling or moving xpadder.exe.

mattdawson75

Post by mattdawson75 »

Thank you for the suggestions, I will try that! :)

Return to “AutoProfile problems”