button release order?

tyrose

button release order?

Post by tyrose »

ok another question... that you probably cant be done. (I seem to have alot of them ) Is it possible to make it push a mouse button then hit and release a key while mouse button is pressed then release mouse button?

for example
1. press left mouse button
2. press F key
3. release F key
4. release left mouse button.

I know I have alot of strange questions, but I am getting on in years (am a grandfather) but still love games and such. I try and use a controller as extended use of keyboard gaming makes my hands hurt (arthritis) but for some reason a controller dosen't.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: button release order?

Post by Primal Fear »

I have to disappoint you, it actually is possible.
You find the assignment in this profile on DPad up. You have to hold it for at least 0.06 seconds (which should be no problem).

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2010.11.30
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1DPadUpSlots=Left Mouse Button (1),HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Left Mouse Button (1),F,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,Left Mouse Button (1),HOLD ZONE 0.02s

tyrose wrote:I try and use a controller as extended use of keyboard gaming makes my hands hurt (arthritis) but for some reason a controller dosen't.
Xpadder helps you to stay more healthy. :lol:
Since I use a joystick instead of a keyboard I had never again bursitis in my left elbow.

tyrose

Post by tyrose »

many thanks I am checking it out now

tyrose

Post by tyrose »

it works. now if I can get it to work on turbo mode would be great. but it seems to fall apart whenever turbo is set, even with turbo time set at 1 second. But still many thanks gives me something to work with.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

It should work with the turbo. The delay only has to be at least 0.08 seconds.

tyrose

Post by tyrose »

Turbo dosent work for me. whenever I use it I lose the f keypress. it dosen't seem to matter what time delay I set the turbo on. Am useing 2010.11.17 version if that helps any.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Try to change the Hold Zones to 0.04 seconds (or maybe a little bit more).

I have the 2010.11.30 Nightly Build running, but I don't see any new feature/fix that should make no difference here.

tyrose

Post by tyrose »

yep seems strange that it will run 1 time fine but if i turn turbo on (even on a 2 sec delay) it drops the F. Oh well gives me something to play around with... thanks for your help.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I've got the problem.
The turbo holds the button too short so the assignments cannot completely be triggered. Strange on that is that there can be periods where it works well every time (at least for me) and there can be periods were it definitely won't work.

It makes a big difference to select 0.01 seconds as time for the Hold Zones, but it is possible that such an short key press is too fast for the game (I already had such cases). Also I cannot promise 100% safety, you have to test it out.

Here it would be useful to have an option for the turbo how long the button should be pressed and not only after which time again.
I will make a topic for that in the suggestion sub forum.

Edit:The turbo shouldn't act like that. If there is only a single assignment on the specific button it holds the button until 0.05 seconds before the next turbo key press. So why shouldn't it act like that with and advanced hold assignment?
Maybe a bug??? :?:

tyrose

Post by tyrose »

lol.... Good so Im not the only one that has this, thought it might be my setup for a while there.

Also I need the total time for mouse hold to be .50 as game needs a hold not a tap. and it takes at least a .50 to register as a hold. so the .01 hold time wont work in this case. but thanks for trying

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

The turbo feature is very old and there are some issues with it that cause things to not work as expected.
Instead of fixing it (which may cause more issues and to be honest I wouldn't know where to start!) I have started a new system called Slot Machine - there are no elements of it in the latest version but offline progress is coming along and it will merge when the time is right.
Once complete this will fix all known turbo issues and make future ones easier to fix.
Until then the Xpadder Elite here keep coming up with ways to do things I never knew Xpadder could do :lol:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Try this assignment,

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2010.11.30
Name=(Pasted Profile (Pasted Profile empty))
Set1DPadUpSlots=A,PAUSE 0.00s,A,PAUSE 0.00s,A,PAUSE 0.00s,A,PAUSE 0.00s,A,PAUSE 0.00s,A,F,PAUSE 0.00s,A
Set1DPadUpTurbo=1
Set1DPadUpTurboRate=75
I have used Pauses to get 0.50s RMB, 0.10s RMB+f, 0.10 RMB.
I had some games that detect sequences with 0.00 Pauses as hold and others that detect it as many single key presses. So it could work for, but it doesn't has to.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Edit:The turbo shouldn't act like that. If there is only a single assignment on the specific button it holds the button until 0.05 seconds before the next turbo key press. So why shouldn't it act like that with and advanced hold assignment?
Well, I have to revise that. The turbo doesn't hold the button until 5 seconds before the next turbo key press if there is only a single assignment.
Either I have caused that somehow. Or I was simply slipping between the lines, :oops: even if was absolutely sure that I didn't. :?
I would like to vote for a clearer chart in the keyboard test. :noob:

And since this is not an bug, may there be something planned already to adjust the button tap time of the turbo in the slot machine?

tyrose

Post by tyrose »

ok thanks for your help. Im am looking forward to slot machine, But until then xpadder is a great program and I use it for many things. my arthritis thanks you. It allows me to play more games and such with the grandkids.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

myself wrote:
Well, I have to revise that. The turbo doesn't hold the button until 5 seconds before the next turbo key press if there is only a single assignment.
Either I have caused that somehow. Or I was simply slipping between the lines, :oops: even if was absolutely sure that I didn't. :?
I would like to vote for a clearer chart in the keyboard test. :noob:

And since this is not an bug, may there be something planned already to adjust the button tap time of the turbo in the slot machine?
I needed nine days to figure out, that it was the key press time that made the difference.
Simply priceless! :lol:

tyrose

Post by tyrose »

yep.... that is what I figured it was. My problem is im probably trying to be too creative with my button options. Many times i have spent more time trying to get the perfect button combo for a game or app. than I have using the program that I was making the combo for. (grin) But im one of the types that enjoy doing stuff like that ( I have been known to get more enjoyment from that than actually playing the game or actually useing the app.)

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”