Two or more "keyboard/mouse buttons" pressed when I press a single controller button

ttdhartt

Two or more "keyboard/mouse buttons" pressed when I press a single controller button

Post by ttdhartt »

I am trying to play Oblivion with a Gamestop brand XBox360 controller and xpadder. When I press the red button (to which I have assigned sneak toggle/ctrl), I both go into sneak mode and jump. When I press the blue button (to which I have assigned run toggle/caps lock), I draw my sword (and presumably would start running, if I were moving). I made the profile myself, but, just in case it was me, I downloaded two different profiles made by others, and this is still happening. Please help. My apologies if this issue has already been addressed. I checked the forum, but I didn't see anything about this.

ttdhartt

Re: Two or more "keyboard/mouse buttons" pressed when I press a single controller button

Post by ttdhartt »

Actually, it seems tpo have taken care of itself. I don't know what I did differently, but the controller (and/or xpadder) is working properly now. It was also working properly for the first test last night. So, the problem is intermittant, at least, but still unexplained. If anyone happens to know what may be causing this, I'd love to know. Thanks!

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Two or more "keyboard/mouse buttons" pressed when I press a single controller button

Post by Kloreep »

Usually this kind of thing happens because the game has some sort of gamepad support that is enabled. (Xpadder does not prevent other programs from also reading the controller's input.) Did you check that?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Oblivion has native Controller support, you can disable the native Controller support to use Xpadder only by editing the Oblivion.ini. You find it under "My Documents/My Games/Oblivion". Open it with the Notepad and change the value "bUse Joystick=" from 1 to 0, to disable the native gamepad support.

One possibility that it works now is, that you have selected another Controller as "Preferred device" in the Windows Game Controller Control Panel under "Advanced". This is a good solution for older game and also works with Oblivion.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”