Analog sensitivity? (walking > running)

MetallicA

Analog sensitivity? (walking > running)

Post by MetallicA »

Hello all,

Can someone please tell me how can I use the left analog stick with it's sensitivity feature when PC gaming (I'm using a PS3 sixaxis controller with motionjoy drivers on Win7 64-bit)? For example in Xpadder, I assign the left analog stick to function as W,A,S,D or the arrows, but in the PC gaming world pressing a button i.e "W" will make the character run in full speed, which as a result makes whenever I move the analog stick the character runs immediately in full speed as well right when I get out of the stick's dead zone. What I want to be able to accomplish is to make the character's walkspeed gradually increase/decrease depending on how much I tilt the analog stick (just like how the games are played on consoles).

I can really feel something's just not right when the analog sticks aren't functioning like they do while playing on consoles. I'm new to PC gaming btw so I'm not sure if this can be fixed via Xpadder or is game specific, I've tried a couple of games so far that I wasn't able to do that in 'em yet (Oblivion & CoD4), I've tried searching the net about the problem and it seems like Oblivion supports this at least.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Analog sensitivity? (walking > running)

Post by Mobeeuz »

Xpadder only translates joystick movements to keys, you are essentially using a keyboard and mouse via Joystick. In order to simulate the effect you want, you need to use distance zones. Here is an example for Mass Effect 2 to see how it is done.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”