How do I make Xpadder do a Hadouken ??? :)

Yeti

How do I make Xpadder do a Hadouken ??? :)

Post by Yeti »

Hi, I want to know how to do a basic macro for a hadouken.

Using:

(low) (front) (punch) does not work
(down) (down + forward) (punch) does not work
(down) pause 0.01 s (down + forward) pause 0.01 s (punch) does not work

I think that need a feature that I cant find in Xpadder. I think it would work in the form below:

(hold down) (without release down, press the forward) (then release down without release front) (punch)

Well, if possible, help me. If I can do a hadouken, I'll do the rest.
I intend to do a training system which I program the commands of my opponent and fight against it ..

Thanks.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How do I make Xpadder do a Hadouken ??? :)

Post by Oke_Doke »

It may simply need some fiddling to get it just right. It seems your missing a part of the hadouken in each example you gave. You could try (down) (down+forward) (forward) (punch) insert or remove pauses as needed until it works. That should give the full motion at least. Good luck.
EDIT: just tested this one and it worked in a random streetfighter game for snes

Code: Select all

Set1Button11Slots=Arrow Down,PAUSE 0.01s,Arrow Down,Arrow Right,PAUSE 0.01s,Arrow Right,X
(x = punch in this example, your key assignments may vary.)

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

I already tried that way you posted it does not work. Each time a pause is inserted, even if it is 0.01 s the command had been cut and in fact it is cut in the pause. The command made ​​this way is not accurate, can work one time or another, but always fails. I need 100% accuracy.

The commands in fighting games are continuous, if you press down and release, then down + forward and release, then forward + punch, the command will not work.

We need another option. We have, Cicle Stop, Pause, Hold Zone, Zone Release, Tap and Hold or Zone Distance. We need an option "Keep Button" and "Release Button" command would be:

down (keep button), forward (keep button), down (release button) (punch), forward (release button) <<< This last command is to not leave Ryu walking around :)

Thank you.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

that must be a really sensitive emulation to bork up on 0.01s pauses.

have you tried 0.00 pauses? its something new and not exactly obvious in the sequence editor.

Set1Button11Slots=Arrow Down,PAUSE 0.00s,Arrow Down,Arrow Right,PAUSE 0.00s,Arrow Right,X

Edit: I double checked and I'm getting perfect execution every time with both 0.01s and 0.00s. Though 0.00 would theoretically be faster. (0.02s faster) but unfortunately I can't replicate your problem.. strange....

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Well, apparently you are doing a command that already tested many times and did not get 100% accuracy. In fact only 20%.

It makes me think that the only difference between us may be the version of Xpadder. My version is Xpadder v2011.06.24

I do not use the arrow keys down, forward, up and back. I use the numeric keypad NUM1, NUM2, NUM3 and NUM5, but I believe the problem is not that, is it?

Can u try it for me ?
Thanks

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

Ok, i'm really curious about why this is happening for you so I looked at other variables. And started getting instabilities in Hadouken execution when I enabled turbo, but setting the turbo time greater than the total time of the sequence fixes this. This has to take key tap times of all keys in the sequence into account. (Xpadder settings>>>values>>>"Default Key Tap Time" slider.) I think the default is 0.10s. so you can play around with the keytap time to determin speed vs reliability.

I just realized that my version may be a month or two old, and I have seen the Tap Time Slot is now available in the latestNightly Builds, should you need finer control over that aspect.

I could imagine other problems cropping up if the sequence begins to repeat before the last hadouken animation is finished. If this is so, the game might only accept the last bit of the next sequence, making it appear to be a sequence flaw. ( Not sure if this is the case with street fighter.) But I gues thats just a matter of making sure the sequences come just slow enough an far enough apart for streetfighter to recognize correctly yet still faster than a human could input. again speed vs reliability.

One more thing, if your fighting against this trainer scipt it won't be interactive if it just runs on a loop. So this bot won't always be in a position to execute a combo perfectly. (if its interrupted for example..)

I find the idea of using xpadder as a training dummy interesting. let us know how its turning out.

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

I've tried with and without turbo and precision is always 20%.

This idea of the Training System I copied the game Street Fighter III - 3rd Strike. I have the PlayStation 2 version and this version to the console has a training mode where the player controls the opponent for a few seconds running any command you want the opponent do, so when that command finishes, the opponent keeps repeating this motion in loop.

But the version of the arcade game (Final Burn) does not have this training method. This method is very useful for training PARRY in this game. PARRY is a Defense method.

I've try the command in another Street Fighter later, maybe only in SF3 Xpadder modes not work.

WOW !!! Xpadder v2011.07.14 :o I´ll download later this secret version 8)

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Oke_Doke, thank you man, you solved my problem completely. Everything is running at 100% accuracy now!

The problem was in Xpadder settings>>> values​​>>> "Default Key Tap Time" slider as you said. My value was 0.01 and think it was too fast for the game assimilate. I changed to 0.03 and everything is perfect now.

Thank you so much.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

oh cool, the difference between our results was driving me nuts.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Some info for the future:

- Pause 0.00s allows the sequence to be tapped with no delay inbetween. The first slot is tapped, released and instantly the next slot is tapped - there is a microscopic gap between to ensure both keys aren't down at the same time but I doubt any game will be able to detect it. To the game there is no "no key down" state between the 2

- The new TapTime slot will make this easier - add it as 0.03 at the start of this sequence to set every slot in that sequence to tap for 0.03s (the profile's KeyTapTime setting is ignored) - you can now use different taptimes for other combinations if necessary

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Guys, thank you, everything is now working perfectly :)

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”