trigger distance - 2 other key | double press same kay

xquit

trigger distance - 2 other key | double press same kay

Post by xquit »

Hello.
I have problem whih I cant solve them.
I try to set for eg. for trigger 2 other keys on 2 ohter distance zone
|0.10s||5%|Z|90%|x
It work fine for pressing but hold do not work for both.
I need somethink like that:
If press >90% - Z | If hold <90% - Z hold | If press <90% - X and omit Z press| If hold >90% - X hold and omit Z press.

I have also problem with sequence double pressing.
I want to create sequence for stick: <90% is just holding W and while it goes >90% then it press again W key and hold or double press W and hold - anyway.
So I make that
W|90%|W
or
W|90%|WW
but if both key are same then it do not make any pause betwen and if I icrease pase then it only press once and stop holding.
Generally Xpadder do not support 2 same key side by side.

Sorry for my english.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: trigger distance - 2 other key | double press same kay

Post by Primal Fear »

#1 Here is a profile how it works best, I use different keys to make visible if the hold or release assignment was pressed. The right trigger has the full assignment and the left trigger only cares for the Hold Zone part which isn't working perfectly.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2011.12.08
Name=
KeyTapTime=5
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.30s,DISTANCE ZONE 5%,A,DISTANCE ZONE 5%,DISTANCE ZONE 80%,B
Set1TriggerRightSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,DISTANCE ZONE 5%,X,DISTANCE ZONE 85%,Y,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,DISTANCE ZONE 5%,A,DISTANCE ZONE 80%,DISTANCE ZONE 5%,B
And now some explanation for that.

Release Assignments:
I'm really surprised that Distances Zones work within Release Zones, that's even for me totally new. I thought it would be just logically that this cannot work, since a axis has to be pressed in that area to trigger the Distance Zone. But the Release Zone gets triggered after releasing the axis so it's actually not pressed anymore, no matter in which area. :?
But it is working, and that perfectly. :o

Hold Assignments:
The next thing I am surprised to is the fact that the Distance Zones in the Hold Zone are not affected by the Distance Zones in the Release Zone. What you seemingly don't know yet, is that the Distance Zones percentage values add up each other (just like the time values of Hold Zones or Release Zones). So if you place first a Distance Zone of 5% and want to have the next one on 90%, it's value needs to be 85% (you can read that in the schedule text on the right side of the Advanced Assignment window)
So I thought that it isn't possible to get back under the highest value in the Release Zone.
But the distance values in Hold Zone start again on 0. :o

However, the first problem here is that the first assignment (A) will be pressed shortly when moving the Trigger directly to more than 90% to press the second assignment (B). I guess this shouldn't happen, but a 5% Distance Zone in front (like you have already used) fixes that for some reason.
The second problem is that the first assignment (A) will be pressed shortly when releasing the trigger again. This is totally normal, as you move the trigger through this area.
To fix that you would have to place a Hold Zone in the Distance Zone and here comes the problem. Xpadder doesn't support that in it's current form, and Jonathan cannot simply implement that in the current program code.

To press a button twice with a Pause in between you have to use Hold Zones or to put a pause between them. Here is again the same problem like just now, you cannot use a Hold Zone or Pause within a Distance Zone. So this is not possible.

As a final statement, have a look in my Advanced Assignments Tutorial second try: Advanced Assignments Tutorial (wrong link sorry :oops:). Although it has to be updated in the area of Distance Zones within Hold and Release Zones.

Renardo888

Re: trigger distance - 2 other key | double press same kay

Post by Renardo888 »

IMABOUTTONECRO

Even though you needed this 5 years ago, I finally found a decent workaround.

Start with a pause followed by the assignment you want in the lower zone, followed by the Distance zone and corresponding assignment. This way, if you want it to ignore the first assignment until you hold the trigger down beyond the threshold, it wont call the first assignment until after a few seconds. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to hold the first assignment before the distance threshold. if you know how to assign hold instead of tap function, then use that directly after the pause.

For example: I want to assign a trigger to left-mouse when held down, but mouse-wheel-down when held half-way:

Pause 0.30s, Mouse-Wheel-Down, Distance Zone 95%, Left-Mouse Button.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”