Toggle and Turbo on 1 button

henrynguyenvu

Toggle and Turbo on 1 button

Post by henrynguyenvu »

Hi there,
Is there any way to set a X button on Xbox 360 in Toggle mode (Hold down all the times), and when X button is pressed and hold, it will switch to Turbo (rapid fire). When X is released, it will back to Toggle mode (without pressing one more time for it to be in toggle mode again).

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Toggle and Turbo on 1 button

Post by Primal Fear »

Try this profile.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Pasted Profile (Pasted Profile (Untitled profile)))
Set1Button2SetSelect=1
Set1Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,PAUSE 0.01s,A,PAUSE 0.00s,A,PAUSE 0.00s,A,PAUSE 0.00s,A,PAUSE 0.00s,A,PAUSE 0.00s,A
Set1Button3Turbo=1
Set1Button3TurboRate=3
Set2Button2SetSelect=0
You have to press X once to start the assignment. Then it it will turbo press the A key as long as you hold the button. After releasing it, it will hold A for maximum an hour. If you add more Pauses of 0.00s and A's, you can increase this time if you like.

henrynguyenvu

Post by henrynguyenvu »

Thanks you for a quick reply,

I've just tried that profile in the game, but it seems doesn't work as i want it to. In the game Devil May Cry 4 the X button for the Long-range attack (gun), after i upgraded the gun (for example Nero with the Blue Rose (hand gun) + charge shot 3) that require to hold about +7 second to shoot out 2 bullets (1 time X button press/release) with charge shot 3 (more info here http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Rose). So i want the X button always being hold down (TOGGLE) to charge the gun in full and ready for shooting any time i tab the X button (1 time), by the time i tab the X button it will interrupt the TOGGLE and shoot out then back to TOGGLE mode again (without having to press the X button 1 more time). But sometime in the game, i don't have time to wait for the gun to be charged then i just need to keep holding the X button then it will switch to TURBO mode and shooting like a machine gun (rapid fire). After all, when the X button is released, i want it back in TOGGLE mode again, keep holding down for the whole game playing time.

I have an idea, make 2 set of X button, Set1Button3Toggle (the default set) always have Button3 in Toggle mode. Set2Button3Turbo, require Button3 press once or hold down for xxx? seconds to switch from Set1 to Set2. From Set2, if the Button3 is released switch back to Set1 (default set). But it's just an idea and i am so new to Xpadder program, trying to find the way to figure it out.

Thank you again Primal Fear, I hope you will understand what i mean and sorry for my bad English :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I think you have a wrong view of what Xpadder is doing. Xpadder doesn't change how the buttons or sticks on the controller are working, it emulates keyboard and mouse input based on input of the controller. So in your case, you cannot change with Xpadder how the X button is working.

However I have downloaded the trial version of this game and found a working solution.

1.Load this profile into Xpadder. It's basically the same as the profile before, except that it uses J (the keyboard key for Gun Attack) instead of.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=DMC4
Set1Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,PAUSE 0.01s,J,PAUSE 0.00s,J,PAUSE 0.00s,J,PAUSE 0.00s,J,PAUSE 0.00s,J,PAUSE 0.00s,J
Set1Button3Turbo=1
Set1Button3TurboRate=3
Set1TriggerRightSetSelect=1
Set2TriggerRightSetSelect=0
2. Start the game and change in the gamepad control settings (Options->Control (Gamepad) "Gun Attack" to RT (RightTrigger). I hope the full version of the game saves these settings, as my trial version didn't do that.

The only problem is that the game ignores after every video sequence, that the J key is still being held. So you have to press the X button once after every video sequence. To cancel holding J you can simply press the right trigger once.
henrynguyenvu wrote: I have an idea, make 2 set of X button, Set1Button3Toggle (the default set) always have Button3 in Toggle mode. Set2Button3Turbo, require Button3 press once or hold down for xxx? seconds to switch from Set1 to Set2. From Set2, if the Button3 is released switch back to Set1 (default set). But it's just an idea and i am so new to Xpadder program, trying to find the way to figure it out.
That wouldn't work as the Turbo as well as the Toggle affect the Set Selection.

ortizj9109

Post by ortizj9109 »

Primal Fear, I just want to say thank you because I found this very helpful. Basically, what this amounts to is an auto-charge; exactly what I was looking for. Interestingly, placing a release period at the beginning of a command seems to switch the function of the button for as long as the next tap/hold time exists. I, like henrynguyenvu, thought I might use the toggle function to acquire this function. When I was wrong, I tried things for about 20 minutes until I came here and saw this. I decided to nix the turbo mode, as it actually inhibits certain functions in the game I'm playing (Metroid: Zero Mission on the GBA. Shooting brings me out of a jump, and that's no bueno). Also, could you clarify the purpose of the pause times? Is it to lengthen the overall time of the command? Because I find it works just fine for me if I simply do a release time, tap time (2 minutes is sufficient here), and then the input. This will seriously come in handy with mah MegaMan gaming... again, much thanks!!!

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”