Double Tap (Solution)

crystar

Double Tap (Solution)

Post by crystar »

This input below was provided by Primal Fear, for me to "Dash" without having to double tap; but simply hold forward to dash. Thanks for the solution Primal Fear.
Image :mrgreen: yay!

Right now, I want to understand why the following inputs does NOT "Dash." I assumed a single .05 Hold Zone would work, but it does not.
Image :x no!

Seeing as how (.05, .05) in sequence allowed for Primal Fear's solution work, I simply added the values. Still this will not work.
Image :x no!

What is the meaning of two .05 Hold Zones that allow a character to dash, instead of one .05 Hold Zone. To dash in the game I play is (forward, forward). For the ones that don't work, the character continues to walk OR dash, stop, dash, stop repeatedly. The scripting details are something I want to understand, so I don't forget this utility.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Double Tap (Solution)

Post by Primal Fear »

A pause is a part of the assignment where nothing will be pressed and it's specified time is it's duration. But a Hold Zone is more like a threshold and it's time determines the place of it in the assignment. When a hold is reached, Xpadder will stop pressing the assignment before it and will start to press the assignment behind it.

Here Xpadder is pressing left until the stick direction has been pressed for 0.05 seconds (first Hold Zone). Then there is no assignment between the first and the second Hold Zone, so for another 0.05 second nothing will be pressed.
After the second Hold Zone has been reached, Xpadder will hold left as long as you are holding the stick in that direction.

In both examples Xpadder will hold left until the first Hold Zone has been reached, after that it keeps holding left. So basically the outcome of both assignments is the same, it would be even the same completely without the Hold Zone.

You can read more about Advanced Assignments here.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”