Assign 2 buttons on controller to 1 key

agentchaos93

Assign 2 buttons on controller to 1 key

Post by agentchaos93 »

i am sorry for asking such a noob question but i cant for the life of me figure out how to do this. i assume i should use the tap & hold feature but just doesnt know how >.<
first of let me say that controller works GREAT with guild wars 2 + combat mode and i am having so much fun.
however, to make me more effective in combat i would like to assign when i press L3 + R3 together = ` key, so i can change weapon set faster but i dont know how so if anyone can help i would be really appreciate

one more thing is, the left mouse and right mouse button work fine when i am on the desktop but when in game, when i want to hold the left mouse down to drag the map/mini map it doesnt work?

thanks

rockeumel

Re: Assign 2 buttons on controller to 1 key

Post by rockeumel »

You can switch with L3 to a second set and bind the R3 Key with the "`" in the second set.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Note that the turbo delay has to be 0.02s. If you have another controller than a xbox360 compatible one, the profile wont use the stick buttons for you.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.12.02
Set1Button9Toggle=1
Set1Button9Turbo=1
Set1Button9TurboRate=2
Set1Button9SetSelect=1
Set1Button10Toggle=1
Set1Button10Turbo=1
Set1Button10TurboRate=2
Set1Button10SetSelect=2
Set2Button9Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.08s,A
Set2Button9Toggle=1
Set2Button9SetSelect=0
Set2Button10Turbo=1
Set2Button10TurboRate=2
Set2Button10SetSelect=3
Set3Button9Turbo=1
Set3Button9SetSelect=3
Set3Button10Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.08s,B
Set3Button10Toggle=1
Set3Button10SetSelect=0
Set4Button9Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.05s,Back-Tick,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,PAUSE 0.15s
Set4Button9SetSelect=0
Set4Button10Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,PAUSE 0.15s
Set4Button10Turbo=1
Set4Button10TurboRate=2
one more thing is, the left mouse and right mouse button work fine when i am on the desktop but when in game, when i want to hold the left mouse down to drag the map/mini map it doesnt work?
Is it this profile that you use?
Try making sure that the mouse pointer isn't moving when you start holding the mouse button. Also you shouldn't press any other mouse button at the same time.

e2zippo

Post by e2zippo »

rockeumel wrote:You can switch with L3 to a second set and bind the R3 Key with the "`" in the second set.

I'm after the same thing, in my emulators I want to change save state slot by pressing ZL+Up = F7 and saving by pressing ZL+Select.

I tried your suggestion but that doesn't work, it's only using the second set. I don't want anything to happen by just pressing one button since that is used in many games.

Any ideas?

rockeumel

Post by rockeumel »

e2zippo wrote:
rockeumel wrote:You can switch with L3 to a second set and bind the R3 Key with the "`" in the second set.

I'm after the same thing, in my emulators I want to change save state slot by pressing ZL+Up = F7 and saving by pressing ZL+Select.

I tried your suggestion but that doesn't work, it's only using the second set. I don't want anything to happen by just pressing one button since that is used in many games.

Any ideas?
You need a Set 2 , in Set 1 you have to switch the sets on press ZL (while held) and in the Set 2 you have set your buttons "UP = F7" and "Select = saving".

e2zippo

Post by e2zippo »

rockeumel wrote:
e2zippo wrote:

Any ideas?
You need a Set 2 , in Set 1 you have to switch the sets on press ZL (while held) and in the Set 2 you have set your buttons "UP = F7" and "Select = saving".
I figured it out, thanks a lot!

snowdemonsrx

Post by snowdemonsrx »

Primal Fear wrote:Note that the turbo delay has to be 0.02s. If you have another controller than a xbox360 compatible one, the profile wont use the stick buttons for you.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.12.02
Set1Button9Toggle=1
Set1Button9Turbo=1
Set1Button9TurboRate=2
Set1Button9SetSelect=1
Set1Button10Toggle=1
Set1Button10Turbo=1
Set1Button10TurboRate=2
Set1Button10SetSelect=2
Set2Button9Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.08s,A
Set2Button9Toggle=1
Set2Button9SetSelect=0
Set2Button10Turbo=1
Set2Button10TurboRate=2
Set2Button10SetSelect=3
Set3Button9Turbo=1
Set3Button9SetSelect=3
Set3Button10Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.08s,B
Set3Button10Toggle=1
Set3Button10SetSelect=0
Set4Button9Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.05s,Back-Tick,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,PAUSE 0.15s
Set4Button9SetSelect=0
Set4Button10Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,PAUSE 0.15s
Set4Button10Turbo=1
Set4Button10TurboRate=2
Is it this profile that you use?
Try making sure that the mouse pointer isn't moving when you start holding the mouse button. Also you shouldn't press any other mouse button at the same time.

When i try to paste this profile, It says profile date is not valid

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The profile itself is fine. Make sure that you paste it in the profile menu (the one on the right side) and that you
have copied the full profile (clicking on "select all" and then pressing Ctrl+C should do that).

If it still shouldn't work click in the main window to the button with the question mark in the upper right area and post here what version the opening window states. Also please verify if your error message is correct or if you actually get "invalid profile data".

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”