Rotating through the numbers 1-9

davyfreeman

Rotating through the numbers 1-9

Post by davyfreeman »

Ok, hi there!
I bought xpadder just today and am not really experienced with it so far.

I'm trying to set up a profile for the game Reus.
What I want the program to do is the following: I want the shoulder buttons of my controller to rotate through the numbers 1-9 on my keyboard.
I already figured out the basic cycle. (Like R1 goes 1,2,3,4,5,etc. and L1 goes 5,4,3,2,1,etc)
So let's say, for example, I press R1 3 times, so the last input was the number 3. When I press L1 now the cycle obviously starts with the number 9, since this is the first key I assigned to it.
So what I want is for the program to remember the last button in the sequence (1,2,3,4,5,etc) I pressed and skip one ahead or back from there. (When the last number was 4 and I press R1 the input is 5, but when I press L1 the input is 3)

Lastly I hope I got my point across, since English is not my native language.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Rotating through the numbers 1-9

Post by Primal Fear »

If the game doesn't allow to simply scroll through the item slots using the mouse wheel, you could do that using all sets but only for 1-8, like in my example profile below.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2013.06.07
Set1Button5Slots=8
Set1Button5SetSelect=7
Set1Button6Slots=2
Set1Button6SetSelect=1
Set2Button5Slots=1
Set2Button5SetSelect=0
Set2Button6Slots=3
Set2Button6SetSelect=2
Set3Button5Slots=2
Set3Button5SetSelect=1
Set3Button6Slots=4
Set3Button6SetSelect=3
Set4Button5Slots=3
Set4Button5SetSelect=2
Set4Button6Slots=5
Set4Button6SetSelect=4
Set5Button5Slots=4
Set5Button5SetSelect=3
Set5Button6Slots=6
Set5Button6SetSelect=5
Set6Button5Slots=5
Set6Button5SetSelect=4
Set6Button6Slots=7
Set6Button6SetSelect=6
Set7Button5Slots=6
Set7Button5SetSelect=5
Set7Button6Slots=8
Set7Button6SetSelect=7
Set8Button5Slots=7
Set8Button5SetSelect=6
Set8Button6Slots=1
Set8Button6SetSelect=0
The problem here would be that you need to recreate your profile in every set and that this would block the set selection of any other use.

But if the developers of the game intended to select the item slots only directly, they probably though that this indirect way over the mouse wheel would anyways not be fast enough or at least too laborious. So have a look at this post by me, for ways to assign the item slots directly.

davyfreeman

Post by davyfreeman »

Yes! Thank you so much, this is perfect!

The thread about the quicklaunches is also quite interesting and I strongly consider using this instead. I will have to try which option is smoother for this game.

Evan3565

Post by Evan3565 »

I'm having fun with XPadder and Terraria but this set selection has me a bit lost :?: :oops: . In the game you select what item you want with 1 through 0 and I would like to (on a PS4 controller) hit R2 to go from 1-> 2-> 3 -> 4 etc. and L2 to go from whatever number I stopped on down the opposite direction. What do I do?

markzwaan

Post by markzwaan »

Primal Fear wrote: But if the developers of the game intended to select the item slots only directly, they probably though that this indirect way over the mouse wheel would anyways not be fast enough or at least too laborious. So have a look at this post by me, for ways to assign the item slots directly.
I've tried to use xpadder on older games like Doom en Hexen in order to be able to scroll through weapons using two buttons. This has since become standard in more modern shooters where this is done by using the mouse wheel or assigning next weapon" and "previous weapon" buttons. But in the late nineties most games hadn't thought of this.
The solution you mention here (using all sets) will probably come closest to what I was trying to achieve, but as you've already mentioned, it's limited to one set of 8 commands and takes a lot of time to program.

It would be nice if you could specify one (or preferably several) sets with keystrokes that you want to cycle backwards and forwards through and then assign a "next in sequence" and "previous in sequence" button. It would allow us to do the same as you're proposing but would be more flexible (allowing longer sets and different sets at the same time) and it would also be a lot easier to program.

But thanks a lot anyway, you've given two valid suggestions I can try the next time. :rightthumbup: :idea: :leftthumbup:

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”