Help installing

Impossible

Help installing

Post by Impossible »

I have installed xPadder, but I can't seem to find the controller bar. PLEASE HELP!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Help installing

Post by Jonathan »

Not sure what you mean by a controller bar - although my Xbox 360 gamepad looks a little hungover this morning so I guess IT knows where the controller bar is :D
Have look at this tutorial here: http://xpadder.com/phpBB3.0.5/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48

If you're still stuck let us know and we'll provide more steps.

Impossible

Post by Impossible »

Well, I have installed it, but under the image of the magnifying glass, and controller, I don't see the menu to add my profile, and image.

I have an xbox controller, and the usb cable attached to my computer, and I can't get it to connect. I have downloaded the software from Microsoft, and i got the utility running, but for some reason it just won't connect. :(

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

If you can see the magnifiying glass then Xpadder is looking for a controller which means one is not connected (or installed correctly).
Click the scanning animation and it will open the Windows Game Controllers Control Panel.
If your controller isn't listed there then it is not fully installed and Windows cannot see it at all.

Impossible

Post by Impossible »

That's the thing, it is not listed there, but I installed, and updated the microsoft drivers.

Please help!. :)

Impossible

Post by Impossible »

So, yeah, I just checked in Device Manager and it is listed.

I have Driver Version: 2.1.0.1349
XBox 360 Wireless Controller Play & Charge Kit

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Impossible wrote:So, yeah, I just checked in Device Manager and it is listed.

I have Driver Version: 2.1.0.1349
XBox 360 Wireless Controller Play & Charge Kit
That's the problem. You have the wireless controller connected with the Play & Charge cable. You need the Xbox360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. The Play & Charge ONLY charges the battery, the play still needs the receiver.

Return to “Cannot start Xpadder”