Tutorial: How to install and start Xpadder

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Tutorial: How to install and start Xpadder

Post by Jonathan »

Download the installer to your Documents folder

Double-click the installer to run it and click "Install"

The installer creates a new folder. Double-click this new folder to go into it

This folder contains all the files you need. Double-click the Xpadder icon to start Xpadder

The first few windows are important information. Read and click "Exit" if you do not agree and Xpadder will close

Select a language from the list and click "Start"

Click "Start"

If you started Xpadder from a different location you can select the default location as My Documents

To add Xpadder icons to your Xpadder files and allow you to double-click them click on "Associate"

You have now successfully installed Xpadder. Next time you run Xpadder you will start on this main screen

mbenys

Re: Tutorial 2: How to install and start Xpadder

Post by mbenys »

Ok, I've gotten to this page:

You have now successfully installed Xpadder. Next time you run Xpadder you will start on this main screen
Download the installer to your Documents folder

Now what! It's just a blank page. I click on the upper left icon, get a "controler" and "status" page, But nothings there! No "New" or anything. I have my Xbox 360 controller pluged in via USB Cable but it's not there...This is really ticking me off, after an hour of looking for even your home page. Where I can do the controller setup. Still can't find it! This product may be good, but your website sucks.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You can't make a controller layout yet because Windows doesn't have any controllers installed. When you click on the animated icon in the upper left of the main Xpadder window it opens Windows Game Controllers control panel applet. If this window is empty then there are no controllers installed. If you have the wired 360 controller you must have Microsoft's drivers installed. If you have a wireless 360 controller you must have the Xbox360 Wireless Receiver for Windows and drivers installed, the Play and Charge kit is not a replacement for the wireless receiver.

no_leaf_clover24v

Post by no_leaf_clover24v »

NO PLAY AND CHARGE KIT CAN PLAY?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL????? my pc i got with windows 7 cognizes the controller but getting it to work it just flashes is there anyway you can bridge the gap? because this really was a waste of 10 bucks since id have to go purchase one well i know it falls on microsoft/windows for this whole messup but they shouldve incorporated any and all xbox 360 controllers

SGTCableDog wrote:You can't make a controller layout yet because Windows doesn't have any controllers installed. When you click on the animated icon in the upper left of the main Xpadder window it opens Windows Game Controllers control panel applet. If this window is empty then there are no controllers installed. If you have the wired 360 controller you must have Microsoft's drivers installed. If you have a wireless 360 controller you must have the Xbox360 Wireless Receiver for Windows and drivers installed, the Play and Charge kit is not a replacement for the wireless receiver.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I think the name "Play & Charge kit" is not a good discription. They should have just called it "The Charge cable." I did a little experimenting since I have the play & charge, wireless receiver, and xbox360. What I found was the play and charge kit will pair the controller to the console or the PC- as long as the wireless receiver is plugged in to the PC. The play and charge cable does not appear in Device Manager until the controller is connected. This leads me to believe that it may just need approppriate drivers to work with the play and charge which is beyond the scope of what Xpadder is to be.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Sorry the Play and Charge kit only powers your controller. Even though its by USB it still only transmits power, not data. Sorry but this is Microsofts fault. You will need to purchase the wireless receiver for a wireless 360 controller to work.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

has anyone seen the ads on the dash board about the charge times of the quick vs play & charge

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

No, but I can tell you from personal experience that the official Plug-and-charge cable takes forever and a decade when you compare it to the official charger kit (even with two batteries on the charger).

With the Plug-and-charge, even while the controller I want to let charge is "off" (plugged in as Controller 2, while I use Controller 1), and the Xbox 360 is on... it takes six to eight hours to charge. And if I turn it off? Yeah... never reaches the full charge. And I've left controllers on that piece of junk cable for well over twelve hours without using the bloody thing!

With the battery charger system, I pop my battery in, and two to three hours later it's at full charge. Despite the fact that I run my battery down to the point it shuts the controller down for me and won't start up the controller again.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

according to ms the cable gives an extra 5hrs. worth of use.

yea i tried to charge my cellphone with my 360's usb ports but forgot that the power gets cut after you turn it off(so i used my wii to charge it). i guess thats the only way the wifi will stop working.

Chr1s
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Chr1s »

I think this is due to the fact USB cables can only supply 500mA while a battery charger can supply much more. Not sure, this is pretty off topic though.

Return to “Cannot start Xpadder”